You can now be pulled over and searched without probable cause. USA, USA!

Discussion in 'General' started by Soap, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Now even being a passenger in a car with weed makes you a criminal. So for every advancement you make on the legalization of drugs, you take two steps back.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w..._supreme_court_says_passenger_can_be_frisked/

WASHINGTON-The Supreme Court ruled Monday that police officers have leeway to frisk a passenger in a car stopped for a traffic violation even if nothing indicates the passenger has committed a crime or is about to do so.

The court on Monday unanimously overruled an Arizona appeals court that threw out evidence found during such an encounter.
    The case involved a 2002 pat-down search of an Eloy, Ariz., man by an Oro Valley police officer, who found a gun and marijuana.
    The justices accepted Arizona's argument that traffic stops are inherently dangerous for police and that pat-downs are permissible when an officer has a reasonable suspicion that the passenger may be armed and dangerous.
    The pat-down is allowed if the police "harbor reasonable suspicion that a person subjected to the frisk is armed, and therefore dangerous to the safety of the police and public," Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said.

2. That's disgusting.

3. I pledge allegiance to the flag.....

yeah, right.

The United States of Embarassment.

4. #4 chiefton8, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
    i don't get.

first they say, "police officers have leeway to frisk a passenger...even if nothing indicates the passenger has committed a crime or is about to do so".

then they say, "pat-downs are permissible when an officer has a reasonable suspicion that the passenger may be armed and dangerous."

so which is it? i'm no lawyer, but it seems like they are saying two different things here.

5. Fuck the supreme court
    And the pigs who will use this
    In the Ass... With a red hot... Metal rod.

6. It is neither. Fuck em both.

7. Fuck this I'm out.

8. so get out, now

9. They've been doing this for years, testifying in court that they 'misplaced' the Police Car footage, and got away with it.

The only difference here is that now we cannot take them to court for unreasonable searches. One of our major exit strategies has been totally closed off, leaving us cold and naked in the corner.

Yippe Cay Ey.

10. fuck that shit

u hear me?

FUCK THAT SHIT

11. #11 Soap, Jan 27, 2009

The key words are REASONABLE SUSPICION, which translates in cop lingo to, 'anytime for any reason'.

12. Why?

The 'Love it or leave it' attitude has only ever worked for the weak minded that can but only sit back, under the blind impression that the government of their country has supreme power and they are totally helpless to do anything about it.

If we all decide, all of a sudden, that this place has gone to total shit but, instead of doing anything about it, flee to a different country, then the government has already won. They've turned this into a war, quite literally. Us and them. Are we too weak-willed to give a shit about it?

Where has America's zeal gone? Right out the sixth story window.

Punt.

13. ah, i get it now. reasonable suspicion vs intent to commit a crime. just what the cops need, more freedoms.

14. Unfortunately I lack the funds to do so. You dont have to be a government slave to be here.

Thank you, I love my country, I hate my government. So what I cant live here???

dumb kids these days

15. #16 suburbantoker, Jan 27, 2009
    what about the driver?

and what kind of frisk? are they allowed to just pat you down or dig out your pockets and pull down your pants leaving you in your boxers

16. Welcome to the Land of the Free, bitches.

17. Did you hear him ?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzLhgvbhm9Y"]YouTube - Three 6 Mafia - Fuck That Shit[/ame]

18. This is basically the situation here:

[​IMG]

The duck would be you and the dog would be the government.