You Can Buy Pot With Your Credit Card Now

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Sep 2, 2013.

1. "The Department of Justice is "actively considering" how to regulate interactions between banks and marijuana shops that operate within state laws and don't violate other federal law enforcement priorities, Attorney General Eric Holder told the governors of Washington and Colorado in a joint phone call Thursday, according to a DOJ official.

Holder laid out eight priorities that would be the aim of federal marijuana policy in his conversation with the governors, in which he told them his Justice Department would allow the states' laws legalizing marijuana to go forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUHa-7pcJ2w​

2. I saw those card scanners for your iphone a while ago and though of this for caregivers

3. Now, the question is: who's going to be silly enough to give the gov/corporations all this data by using their cards?

NSA is tapping calls. This is just another thing to tap. It will also aid them in judging size of operation and profitability. The two very things they say they will NOT be using to make determinations of state law being followed or not. But its always a game of doing the opposite of what they say.

There is a push to rid the economy of paper money altogether. I'd suggest not supporting such endeavors.

4. No. Don't do that.

I wouldnt just made me think of it..technology is getting crazy

6. I don't even use cash anymore.  Besides, paper money doesn't even back gold and hasn't for decades now. It's virtually worthless, only representing what used to be... The U.S. dollar is essentially just an empty currency.  And other countries are starting to take note.  

Once they stop accepting it and our money stops being the World currency, the American economy is going to take a huge hit.

7. What is the digital currency backed with?

And it's a tracking mechanism. You think forms of privacy are under attack now, wait until there is no more paper currency.
    The banks/corporations needn't know every purchase or financial exchange made by everyone. Don't voluntarily help them.
    People seem to think technology is all about the human race getting smarter and that its all for our entertainment and convenience.
    I'd say we're rapidly regressing.

This is not a statement on the validity of our currency. It's a statement about privacy. Period.

8. I wasn't implying digital currency has backing either...
    I'm afraid your concerns over privacy are futile.  These banks/corps may not have most of our information, but the government sure does. With the passing of the Patriot Act they also have the means to do as they please.  I'm not worried about my bank having records that I bought Burger King the other night...oh please.

9. So you're still of the opinion that the government and corporations are different entities?

10. #10 JaySteele, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2013
    Haha, depends on the corporation.  But doesn't this just further my point about it being pointless to attempt to live today in concealment?  If the federal government, a powerful entity that already has all your info in the palm of their hands, is linked with these major corporations then what's your objective here.

11. Oh, I dunno....don't play right into their hands and make it all the easier for them?? So your plan, apparently, is to accept and use whatever the banks and corporations foist before you with a defeatist attitude? No thanks.