You can be Jesus

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by HighGrowMan, Dec 18, 2008.

1. as long as you want to do his work.

2. Would you say it is wrong not to have the desire to be Jesus?

3. Conceptually, yes. We are all human and thus have the capacity for the same pureness of mind. Ya' just gotta strive for the goood all the time to your best ability

4. You sound like Paul. :p

What's your beef with him? The formation of the Catholic church, his extrapolations on Jesus' teachings, or what?

5. so what if i have fulfilled my minds capacity of pureness? now what? I dont have followers... nobody else cares about what i think... i feel like i am jesus, but hell, nobody else gives a damn

6. I'm not the familiar with the whole bible or jesus thing.. but weren't most people against jesus too? I think the idea behind it was that we couldn't comprehend what he was, so naturally we shunned it.

Wasn't there something he said like "Forgive them for they know not what they do" ?
    He knew that most people didn't understand him, and still he spread his word.

7. No offense, but this thread is pointless. I can't be jesus, nor can you. Face it.

8. Perhaps it's pointless, because you are missing the point? ;)

A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.
    Mohandas Gandhi

9. I hope you're not implying that possessing the ability to change history makes you jesus...

10. I use Jesus as more of a concept than an actual being.

But no, I wasn't implying that. We are all separate in our identities.

11. Well what is your concept of jesus? What makes one jesus?

12. It is not possible unless you isolate yourself from society.
    Society corrupts pureness.
    But to isolate yourself from society would be to lose the ability to become a prophet.
    Thus my conclusion is that becoming Jesus is not possible.
    But then again I also felt that Jesus never was the magical being the Bible makes him out to be.

13. #13 Tonyizzle, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2008

Nothing anyone does can make them anyone else.

The concept I have of Jesus derives from the little I know from the bible. 'Son of god' etc..

Corruption is never permanent, therefor it is only waiting for change to come along.

14. So when you say, you are jesus, you mean you are a son of christ?

15. depends on your concept of jesus. I think lennon was jesus... among many other people

16. The change required to take corruption out of our society, our media, hell our entire species is so great that I am positive it will never happen..before we kill ourselves.

I guess I'm not as optimistic as you.

17. I'm not necessarily optimistic, it's just truth.

But if you are positive it will never happen.. then you've given up before you even started :smoking:

Change takes place one mind at time.

18. 1 Corinthians 12:27
    You are Christ's body and each of you is an individual part of it.

Romans 12:5
    So we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

1 Corinthians 12:12
    For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ.

Ephesians 5:30
    We are members of His body.

Gee, I wonder how HighGrowMan came to that conclusion. ;)

I think that was Mel Gibson. :laughing:

19. I think Lennon was a cheater. Imagine? Yeah, imagine sticking with one wife or at least not cheating on her before divorcing. That is heartless behavior.

20. kinda like the wife and son they found in jesus' tomb.
    not everyone is 100% pure, even God's Son

its one of those do as i say not as i do kinda things