You call your Country home?

Discussion in 'General' started by Angry Troll, Mar 11, 2012.

1. You brought it up.

2. Please don't tell me they were fighting for my freedom.
    I'm sick of the USA telling us all 'Oh well we're preserving our freedom and we're ensuring the freedom of others'

there are a lot of countries who have terrible regiemes, tyrants as leaders.. I wonder WHY the US choose to invade a country full of oil?

3. [quote name='"Twee"']

Please don't tell me they were fighting for my freedom.
    I'm sick of the USA telling us all 'Oh well we're preserving our freedom and we're ensuring the freedom of others'

there are a lot of countries who have terrible regiemes, tyrants as leaders.. I wonder WHY the US choose to invade a country full of oil?[/quote]

I don't disagree, but to say SOLDIERS aren't fighting our freedom is ridiculous.

They certainly aren't there to take oil themselves, do you see them filling buckets up of crude and bringing it home? No.

What our governments intentions and what's our soldiers intentions are completely different.

I've said my peace, I refuse to speak politics anymore. This thread should be in the political forum, since you both obviously have Masters Degrees in economics and world affairs.

4. I actually have a pretty good deal of formal experience in both foreign and economic policy development.

5. Calm down. Don't have a go at someone because they have informed themselves or look at things from a different point of view.

I pity your soliders to be quite honest with you.

When the rich men wage war, it is the poor men who die.
    And for what?
    Well, I'll let you decide that.

PS. I may not have a masters in anything yet, but political globalization and economy is one of my favourite modules in college :)

6. [quote name='"JapanLeMans"']There is a philosophy forum for trying to act insightful and "Awakened"[/quote]

Lol you mad?

7. [quote name='"Twee"']

Calm down. Don't have a go at someone because they have informed themselves or look at things from a different point of view.

I pity your soliders to be quite honest with you.

When the rich men wage war, it is the poor men who die.
    And for what?
    Well, I'll let you decide that.

PS. I may not have a masters in anything yet, but political globalization and economy is one of my favourite modules in college :)[/quote]

I wasn't having a go at anyone, but put a screen in front of someone and they love to attempt to sound insightful and intellectual.

But you're right, the rich and powerful wage war, and its us blue collars who fight overseas.

8. :rolleyes:

9. are humans the only species on earth that hunt its own kind?

10. [quote name='"LuciferGotBaked"']You all belong to Lucifer, your souls are his. You are sinful creatures by nature, and you will burn forever.[/quote]

Oh hey JesusGotBaked!

11. You are right though, respect the soldier not the war.

12. that would be true except people wouldnt be clumped up together. eventually people would would separate and a large portion of people would move to the empty areas and start building their ideal society. the whole world would be mostly populated rather than large groups in select areas like there are now.

13. well if its so ridiculous why dont you enlighten us as to what freedoms they're fighting for?

14. All hail Scientology!

15. [quote name='"BlazeLE"']

well if its so ridiculous why dont you enlighten us as to what freedoms they're fighting for?[/quote]

They're fighting for the freedoms for other nations duh! We help countries build a government and give them guns for their freedom. Then, when they turn on us and kill us with our tools of the trade, we will fight for their freedom again and keep fighting for their freedom no matter who's on what side. Democracy will always prevail! And if you don't like freedom then... Well, we kill you.

That was a troll post I am sorry but seriously... Looking from my country of the USA: If terrorist hate us for freedom, does this mean they are starting to like us now?

16. The idea that terrorist hate the United States because of our freedom is, perhaps, the biggest crock of shit ever.

17. [quote name='"BlazeLE"']

well if its so ridiculous why dont you enlighten us as to what freedoms they're fighting for?[/quote]

Learn to read. I said they are fighting under different pretences than what our government portrays, the government clearly has ulterior motives.

18. Really? Because it looks an awful lot like you said they're fighting for our freedom.

19. [quote name='"Sunshine86"']

Really? Because it looks an awful lot like you said they're fighting for our freedom.[/quote]

Haha. Interpret things how you please :)

20. That's a direct quote, chief.