Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

You ain't smokin if you ain't chokin

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Waldo260, Jul 21, 2011.

1. All right so everyone says if the weed makes you choke hard than it is more potent/get you higher. I was wondering if this is true because I have had weed that is very smooth and I get higher off of that then sometimes when I smoke more harsher weed. Idk if this counts cause we were smoking a blunt but the highest I have ever been made me choke really really hard lol. But at the same time that was very early in my smoking days. But it might have been the blunt that made me choke. Idk any words of wisdom would help.. Thank you :)

2. I doubt that if you choke/cough then you get higher, ofcourse when I started coughing my lungs up is the day when all hell broke loose on me. Completely stoned out of my mind.

3. You choke from the smoke. It has nothing to do with how high you are. Typically yes more you choke more high you get only because, more smoke=more choke and more smoke obviously means more high. It's basically a coincidence.

I don't know if that made sense, i just spilt my bong on my keybord. gret the a button doesn't work. Oh look at that now it does..

4. I personally think that statement is incorrect. From my experience harsh weed is only harsh from not curing it right and smooth weed has been cured properly.

5. No, the smoothness of the smoke depends on how/if it was cured.

6. #6 lazytoker, Jul 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2011
    from what I remember it's actually a true statement. Of course this was 15 year ago science so I don't know, but they said that coughing opens up more airways in your lungs and such, allowing more THC to be absorbed quicker...... So true...... possibly?????? plausible??????

Either way, I try to avoid taking hits that make me choke a ton.

Think I might have misread the question.

Weed that makes you cough more than other weed doesn't mean it's more or less potent....... I think that was the correct response...... /edit.

7. Now that makes sence but at the same time I am a person who takes huge hits everytime I take a toke, so idk if that is true. Some hits are harsher than others and some get me more higher. Ya know?