yosemite photos

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by smoove, Feb 16, 2009.

1. I went to yosemite national park last spring and just felt like sharing some photos from the trip. it's one of the most beautiful natural environments i've ever seen or experienced. it's a place with soul...

YOSEMITE:

Heres a Giant Sequioa named "Grizzly Giant" one of the biggest trees (by volume) in the world (in this wiki-link you can get a better idea of how big it really is)

[​IMG]

On a hike with my dog, I came across this tiny green meadow in the middle of the forrest... with a baby bear munching on some grass!!! Yes... I freaked out thinking about momma bear, but even after sitting there for 20 minutes she never showed up. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

[​IMG]

Here's a stream flowing down from one of the waterfalls. I swear everything in Yosemite looks staged... like people purposely arrange the scenery like the placement of every rock... but it's natural, and it's awesome.

[​IMG]

A sunset overlooking "Big meadow"

[​IMG]

Lower Yosemite Falls

[​IMG]

Upper Yosemite Falls

[​IMG]

The view of Yosemite Valley and "Half Dome" from the top of Glacier Point

[​IMG]

If you've ever been to yosemite, then these pictures probably bring back fond memories. If you haven't been to yosemite, I suggest you plan a trip some time in your life... I promise you wont regret it.

:smoke:

2. Oh wow! I love your images. It's nice to find another photographer here. And it must be exciting to travel around these gorgeous places! I love the sunset overlooking the meadow. Breath taking... Very calm and the warm colors are so vibrant it almost makes me feel like I can feel the warmth.
    I'm a fashion/portraiture photographer. You should take a look! ;) I'd appreciate it.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/artists-corner/339013-check-out-let-me-know-what-you-think.html