Yoda's Recirculating bubble Buckets

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Yoda, May 15, 2010.

1. I have been growing since last November.
    It is a tile shower stall. So , no on more height.

Thanks!

:wave::wave::wave:

2. use a scrog unk mick...ive done it with less hieght...
    so u will be fine

ill be by garden master:wave:

3. Hey budslinger im going to follow this guide for my next grow with scrog, but im doing a setup with 6 buckets, ive been thinking of a manifold design for them, how critical is the length equality for proper filling of the buckets?

4. Got an issue with the water level being higher in one out of the four buckets. One of the buckets runs about 2" higher than the other three. It's a four bucket recirculating system using 5-gallon buckets and an 20 gallon resovoir. System is built just exactly like Budslinger's design. Only difference is I added a 2nd airline to each bucket.

The water pump is a 250gph in water pump. I was thinking about switching to an external pump to help keep water temps down.

Any help or opinions would be appreciated.:confused:

5. Only a couple things would make you water higher in one bucket, first would be your floor is not level, I know too obvious right? Second your drain line is clogged so you bucket can't drain as fast.

Even with an inline pump much of the heat load will go into your solution.

6. add a cover over the res..
    they make a material thats like mylar.. realy brings the temps down..
    the light beeming on the res warms it up
    you can down size ur pump also... all you need is a strrong trickle thru the system..
    to much current will make the roots follow the path to the drain and create issues..
    imo.. also adding some mylar to the top of the buckets helps..

how hot are they getting

7. This is the pump. www.dchydro.com For the price it seemed like the way to go. My total resovoir size I figure to be 28 gallons or so. I'm thinking tha something has clogged the return line so it 's not keeping up with the other return lines. I guess I need to stick my arm down there and see.

I'll try putting some insulation on top of the cover. Right now it's taped with aluminum tape. I put reflectix insulatin around the outside of the resovoir and used left over foam floor pad around the outside of my black buckets.

The water temp is around 78.5 degrees with air temps 79-84 degrees. Basement location and rest of basement is in 70's at the most. Would an in-water water pump raise water temps? With all the water flow and dual air lines in each bucket do I need to worry about 78 degree water temps?

BTW thanks for the thread. Between you and Rumple I decided to give this a whirl.

8. #108 ChavoSS, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
    Would this manifold setup work well for even circulation (filling) for 6 buckets? with all lines from the T's to the buckets the same length

Attached Files:

9. Hi Bud, I got another question if you dont mind. Do you add your nutrients in the rez, or in a seperate bucket or something, and then pour it into the rez? And if you are mixing in the rez, I assume you have to let it circulate for a few minutes to get an accurate ppm measurement?

10. #110 69erikm, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2010
    the length of your line is irrelevant you need to make sure your recirculating pump is not to fast or control the output with drippers

Dude lol always mix your nutes someplace other then your res... when your happy with the new batch of nutes then you add it to your res

if budslinger says different do what he says

11. Oh my bad, was that a stupid question? Because it seems to work just fine if you know how much nutes it takes to put the ppm where you need it. It also seems easier than mixing up two (or more) batches of nutes to fill the rez. I'm glad I was able to humor you though. peace.

12. This is a very good question...i use to ph my water before adding to a bucket for a long time..then i found that for some reason i'd have a ph fall...now i dont ph my water .I think its best to adjust at the rez...When filling i make 4 gal batchs ..it is easyer and i know exactly how much food to add . GL :wave:

13. really?

I have an extra 15 gal barrel i use to mix in
    first I add the water, then the nutes, then adjust the pH then I add to the res

to be honest when I'm mixing a new batch of nutes its because I am replacing the old nutes with fresh. other wise I'm just topping off with reg pH adjusted h2o

14. My water out of the tap is 6.8...when i add nutes it falls to 6..if i pre ph my water before adding ...the ph in the bucket falls into the low 5's..and im all for the less things i add the better . I really think it depends on what nutes one is useing and how well things are checked.

15. With Bud's design of the RDWC, the rez doubles as the controller. In larger systems people will add there nutes to the controller, they dont make up tens (or hundreds) of gallons of nute mix and then pour it into the system. (me assuming again) If they do, that just seems like too much work.

16. i wouldnt worry about that water temp..especially with good air bubbles..
    seems high though man..I cant figure out why..im in a basement also...

Its the uprights that feed the top of the bucket that matter, as long as you use 90's on those and they are the same height ur manifold will feed the buckets properly...

I mix everything in the res...
    Once you check it prety easy to calculate what you need, and yes about 10 minutes for it to run thru the system and tell you exactly where you are..
    I let the res get nice and low sometimes before refilling, that is my water change as I only do an actual water change in between runs..

I also add to the res.. that was the whole idea of having a res, 1st to stablaize better and 2nd so you dont have to deal with indavidual buckets ya know...
    The water restabalizes in about 10 mintes Ive never seen it have an ill effect...

Lmoa...no worries man..if ya know me..Im all about less work with good results..
    faster cleanups after harvest and reloading, the less work the better as long as the plants are happy..So Im with ya man.....

yep...I agree Seal...we are on the same page my friend...
    dump that shit in there ...most times you even have to adjust ph....:D

17. i did this for a long time, cost allot in nutes if ur usingt the expensive ones..
    And i found i actually had better reults when i stoped that...lol...dont know why..
    but I tend to find the easiest way...ya know;)

I agree again... difff nutes, diiff buffers...
    once your res is stable it has a nice buffer in there, why change it all use that buffer..
    just let the res get low every couple weeks then do a big add back..ta da... res change.

Right on westside...;):D

18. Thanks alot BUDSLiNGER, that really clears up alot of questions I had. If you get a chance check out my new journal. #2 in my links. peace.:smoke:

oh by the way. Do you just follow the directions on the bottle for hygrozyme or do you use it differently?

19. [quote name='BUDSLiNGER']i wouldnt worry about that water temp..especially with good air bubbles..
    seems high though man..I cant figure out why..im in a basement also...

Slinger thanks for the reply dude> BTW +rep for the great thread!:hello:
    I'm still running a higher water level in only one bucket for some frigging reason. The plants look great so I'm not going to worry about it right now. I can't feel anything clogging the return line so who the f**k knows?

I had to do a res change a few days ago because of a lot of shit clogging the pump and also floating in the water. Not sure what it was I'm thinking algae. I had a clear water level sight tube on the front of my res and I rempved it and replaced with some black hose to keep light from entering the res through the clear hose. So far after 6 days the water still looks good. Water temps are up to 80 now though. I just switched my ballast up to 800 watts so there's more heat in the room now.

20. get urself a fish tank net, works great for pulling those floating root particles and shit out of ur res.. ya know... with the temps that high Id also recommend using a couple cap fuls of hydrogen peroxide every couple weeks..just to be safe man...
    Kind of weird ur one bucket doing that..are all the uprights to the inlets the same length? You have me curious now:confused:...hahahhahah

I also have an extra length of the black hose,.Comes in handy when i think a drain may be clogged, put it on the end in the res and blow.. should free anything ion there up and shoot it back to the bucklet for removal...;):smoking: