Yoda's Recirculating bubble Buckets

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Yoda, May 15, 2010.

1. I used a stunt double for the tutorial as my hands freak people out:rolleyes:..lol
    welcome Garden master... Ive heard good things about you mate..:D

Cant wait to see ur system man..
    bud engineer hey... me to;)

2. can u give a rough estimate of the cost of the materials??

3. ty, I am glad you have heard good things, this is a great group of people on hear, I thought I knew everything about growing until I started to read up on hear and realized I know nothing.

I didn't realized I had copied your bud engineer... I must have done it subconsciously... now I must think of a new title. :cool:

4. rotflmao..no worries mate....
    I think its funny that we both did it...lol
    did it years ago and have never changed it.
    the thing about engineers is there are many of them:cool:;)

5. @Budslinger

Those are only 10gal containers mate. I am growing 2 plants in a 44gal container right now (20gal solution) and those b some roots! Interestingly enough the main stem was a lot thicker on the sativa's from my last grow, and those were only in 5 gal buckets. It was my first ever grow and I didn't circulate, man was that a lot of maintenance!

I could do a bigger screen, but I only have 1000 total w to work with (400cmh / 600hps) so the footprints are kinda small.

6. Wow this is just fuking great I loved bubble buckets but hated the fluctuating PH, TDS levels plus changing buckets and moving around fully flowering plants leads to damage usually for me which is now eliminated.Plus this is so simple in design.

+Rep

Smokey

7. One thing I noticed instead of running black buckets or applying several rolls of silver tape to light proof other buckets.I purchased these really nice silver light proof buckets from lowes temps seem a couple of degree's cooler in non recirculating form do to being more reflective and there only like $2.38 a piece didnt know if it was out there just wanted to share.

Smokey

8. I do my own stunts :eek:

9. Its out there and i spread it..hydro farm has the best lid...it works for me...and thank you for shareing :wave:

10. Budslinger the ganja growing guru. I stumbled onto the GC forum totally by accident and have now spent many hours on many nights reading and learning about the fine art of cultivating pot. My main interest was originally for an outdoor gorilla grow. After seeing Rumpleforeskin's buble buckets and then this recirc version, I couldn't help myself and have now built the cloner and am getting ready to set up a four bucket system with 20 gal res.

I'm pretty clear on my understanding of everything except for this: I was thinking of going straight from the cloner to the 5.5 inch pot in the bucket not usimg a gropw cube. I'm figuring to just leave the clones in the cloner longer so they drop fairly long roots before moving them to the 5.5 inch pot filled with hydroton. How low should the clone be in the 5.5 inch pot, and will the hydroton itself be enough to support the clone? I guess what I'm asking is can someone spell it out for me about transfering the clone to the bucket without using a grow cube.

Thanks for the help.:D

11. #71 g51782, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2010
    dude awesome tutorial, unfortunately i have no local hydro shop and was forced to make do with the local lowe's, which made for a pain as far as connecting t's go, and never mind looking for grommets

so altered the setup a little, using regular silicone on the outside of the lines and aquarium silicone sealant on the insides, also had to use hose clamps on the t's since it wasn't pressure fitted enough to stop leaks

but so far so good, plants will be going into it this weekend hopefully, his a pic with water, pre airstones and pre netpot lids, but all in all, the recirculating bubble buckets are an awesome setup

Attached Files:

12. yes but those lids are still on back order at hydro farms....the other distributor Sunlight Supply has their version in stock:D ... +rep :)

13. hi budslinger, im in sub'd, where the hell did I put my hammock :D
    now I just need to do some back reading.... I built a 12+1 recirculating for a guy in dumb fuck nowhere. the trick was to get a slow steady pump that wont overflow your buckets, just enough power to barely give a trickle:hello:

14. If I were to make a two bucket system, what size water pump would i need? Also where do you find the grommets, T's and 90's at?

15. well your system reminds me of my original dwc setup :

I had 9 5gal buckets all with their own line to the res. the res was a 5 gal bucket also it was funny cuz it had 9 garden hose fittings with hoses coming off her. that was how I connected the hoses, garden hose & repair kits. I would take the male end and attach them to all the buckets & the female end to the hose... anyway I would cut a 1 inch hole into the bucket (nice and slow) debur it then insert the grommet then take the male repair piece (the one with a barb) and shove the barb from outside in so looking at the bucket 2.5 inches from the bottom of the bucket would be a male garden hose fitting. worked great.

eventually I used less of the buckets lol had to put 3 bricks under the buckets I wasn't using to isolate them...lol

[​IMG]

that was how I had done it for 4 or 5 grows

now I use bal valves 1/2" pvc male adapters

16. hey bud, great tutorial I really appreciate it! Quick question: what water temperature do you keep your bubble bucket system at?

17. Yes the pump I use for recirculation is very small a trickle is all you need and you dont want the circulation to be so much that the roots get caught in the exit hose.. this will overflow ur buckets,.,., But i agree the small pump is the sectret... get the smallest one they have and if it adjusts turn it down all the way,...

i have mylar covers made for my buckets, but ill def check those others out..
    im ruunning scrogs so not much light gets to the buckets...

Bazzle
    My temps stay about 68.... They are in the basement and Im sure that helps allot,
    the garden also has a AC... so temps are fine....

Wesside... have to find a hydro store man...:D

hey 69..welcome brother..nice to have another bucket head around;)

snow wind... I would not recommened that... prob being when the plant starts budding theres allot of weight on the plant, They will fall over, Or at the very least need to be tied up, the rockwool seems to give them a sturdy area to start..

Thnaks for the tip smokey..:wave::cool:

18. Thanks. That's what i figured. Time for a road trip!:D:hello:

19. Hello!
    Any help will be appreciated.
    I have a shower stall (29" L x 42" W x 52" H) that I would like to put 3 or 4 buckets in. I would not have room for the reservoir in the stall. It could sit just outside of the stall but the hoses would not be straight. They wouldn't be crimped either. How much would that effect it's efficiency?

20. would not effect it at all....

just hold a lil more water with the longer hoses...
    just make sure you circulation pump just makes a trickle... the slower the water movement the better...:D.....