Yoda's Recirculating bubble Buckets

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Yoda, May 15, 2010.

1. hey no prob man..you did great on this..
    i like them eco pump's..
    there cheap but get it done nice....right for the price for sure, that's all i run here..
    cheer's

2. if the water level goes down significantly in the reservoir. not below the pump. but low, will it make all the buckets water lower?

3. Nice man I've been lurking in most of your journals and your grows are always clean. One question though I had a 4 bucket system hooked up to a Rubbermaid tub; everything was going good until I added nutes the next day my res was brown and gunky I was thinking light got in or maybe my nutes went bad what do you think?

4. Bad ass set up Slinger! I love it. With my recirculating system i put a float in the control box and added an elevated main rez to feed it. This way all the water stays at the same heigth. Thanks for the killer thread.

5. So there is no control bucket use for this setup?

Does each bucket have to have a returning line to the reservoir . ?

Say that its a 12 bucket system. Do I have to have 12 lines flowing back in to the res.? If so this means that I have to have 12 hole and add 12 garment to the reservoir ?

Is there a tutorial on how to make control buckets with a floating value for Recirculating dwc?

Are you also using a water chiller?

6. yes that is correct.. this is how the gravity taked over...

do you have a pick... generally youll see a little form the hydroton but this is suspicious..
    what nutes are you using and were they organic by any chance,,

the auto fill is a good idea, i have that set up on my reeftank...
    but because i tend to adjust the ph with fresh water whenever possible i opted not to add that to my res... nice though man.. thanks for the input brother..

No chiller on the system i have, allthough adding one would be easy..
    the controller is the res and yes each bucket has its own return line...

7. if the water level goes down significantly in the reservoir. not below the pump. but low, will it make all the buckets water lower?...

how low will it go?

the res is 3 times the size of the buckets? so how does it fall and rise in relation?

thanks

8. each bucket has its own return line, so gravity makes the water levels the same..
    How low will it go.. i suppose you could most likely let it dry almost up...
    once its below the pump the buckets will not receive water from the inlet and only gravity thru the drain lines will keep water in the buckets... then soon the plants would take that water and they would dye once dry.. I really wouldnt recommend that..

the res can house any heaters temp devises anything you need..the idea with it bigger helps with the total water in ur system.. the more water in your system the slower the water will drop its level...

does this answer ur question..?

9. Yoda.:wave:...is this the right place:confused:

10. I may have just designed it wrong my setup was 4 buckets all connected to a central tub, each with their own airstone, but no pumps to really circulate the system just gravity. I was using the Lucas forumla and only the res got gunky.

11. when started with the buckets i found the same thing..the ph in the res would be different then the buckets... not good... this is the reason for the circulation..
    it actually works very well......:D:wave:

12. Nice setup budslinger. Very similar to my first setup. I'm currently running a 44gallon container with 2 plants and a 5gal bucket. I'm building my undercurrent knockoff right now.
    4 10 gallon containers with a 10 gallon res.
    1 350gph pump
    1 10ft length of 1 1/2" PVC pipe
    10 1 1/2" uniseals
    4 90 degree 1 1/2" pvc elbows
    1 1/2" to 3/4" pvc T fitting
    a 3/4" screw in hose fitting
    10ft of 3/4" I.D. black poly tubing

Really easy to put together so far, All I have left is cutting the pvc pipe and inserting into the uniseals.

I got all that for less than $150, current culture wants to charge $1200 for 8 gallon container 4 pot setup : /

13. so with this setup, do i add nutes just to the res.? do i ever have to open the 5gal buckets during the grow at all? how high should the water in the res be? if it gets low, do i just add water into there?

i just got my reccomendation for pot so as soon as the state cashes my check i can start growing. i really want to do 3-4 bucket recirc. systems but i dont want to fail miserably and i feel like i have too many questions.

14. no worries man..

youll get thru it without issues...

yes you add only to the res, and no there is no reason to go into the buckets unless ur just doing a viaual check...

the water level will be 1"below the bottom of the netpot...
    read thru the beginning i covered that in the tutorial..

feel free to ask questions..

15. sounds like a monster system man..
    what the hell are you gonna grow in a 10 gallon container ..ya know other then trees?
    LOL.... sounds kick ass bro..

16. Well just depends on how long you veg really. I only vegged 3 weeks this time and they still got huge (indica dom). My last run was 90% sativa and they got over 6 feet tall on 3 weeks veg!.

Here's a picture of the system partially assembled so you can see what I mean.

I'll be doing a scrog screen 6 feet long by 3.8ft wide at one end and 3ft wide at the other (600w hps + 400w cmh).

17. thanks man, i will probably have a lot of questions once i actually get started. this tutorial is great though, i had been looking for a clear way to connect the buckets.

18. Man I picked the right forum for this type of stuff. I was perusing a lot of these hobby grow forums after I did all my preliminary research in the books, but I didn't see any with nearly the activity that this forum has.

I'm so stoked to have read this tutorial. I was originally going to go with a bubble system that I'd seen in the Cannabis Grow Bible, after which I changed my mind and figured I'd go with rumple's slightly more advanced model. But then I got to thinking about how that would be a huge pain if I decided to do a ScrOG setup to change all the water and nutrients for each individual bucket. I figured as a novice I'd be setting aside at least 1-2 hours a day in checking up on these things (because I like to be meticulous :cool: ) but realized that a reservoir system would be way easier, I just wasn't sure how to do it.

Your post and tutorial was phenomenal man. I'm going to be checking back into this frequently and using it when I set mine up.

I'm probably going to start off with two separate 6 bucket systems, hell maybe even 4 depending on the space allowances I have. I'm still a few months out from getting my start, but all the wisdom from these forums has modified my perceptions a lot for the positive. I'm certain that my grow will be all the better for it.

You are legit man. A true jedi master with a bong instead of a lightsaber :bongin: .

19. dood...with containers like that ur screen could be bigger for sure...
    Looks kick ass...nice job mate....:D

Thanks buddy...:D..no worries I do my best to keep track of this thread feel free to ask anything. If you need quicker answers feel free to pm me...:D

Thanks man....:eek:
    This forum is the cats ass.,.. no doubt about it, There is a ton of talent here, many great gardeners that share info..:gc_rocks:
    Youve come to the right place, Its much better to get ur info from growers that are doing it and can show you pics..IMO... some of the info in that book is outdated, A good place to start though..;)
    Welcome to the city and your favorite new hobby :D:wave:

20. Nice tutorial, very similar to the 8 bucket system I will be setting up. I will post pictures in my Journal when it's complete...... am I the only one that is shocked that Yoda's hands are not green.