Yoda's bubble cloner

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Yoda, Nov 30, 2009.

1. yes that would work no problem...:D...

Thnaks buddy...i think youll find it works well...:smoking::cool::D

instead of a air stone add a pvc pipe with sprayers...whallah... aero....

no...they hold to much water on the stem.....;):D

def come by man.....

well if you add a bigger netpot say 4" then put the hydroton in there it would work great man... thanks...;):D

Ill be by dood....

2. Makin a bubble cloner tuesday....... very pumped!
    Question, I understand that I do not want to put m y plants into shock from taking too many cuttings, but would half the plants vegetation be too much?
    Thanks, -Pen

3. Thank You for the reply Mr. Slinger:) This blade feels truly honored.

Cheers!
    Bube

4. makin this today, and need to take cuttings today...no access to grow store.

can i like put duct tape over the holes on the lid, then poke a smaller hole in the tape to hold the clone instead of using neoprene discs and net pots? i odnt see why not..

and also do i NEED a heater? seems a bit overkill. i think the water will get warm enough if the heat from the lights isnt allowed to escape

great tut btw slinger. i was trying to use rockwool and a humidity dome, and my cuttings hate it.

5. no prob man...you need sumtin look me up...;)

no..hey grow back very quickly....

see if you can find those floaty worms... for swimming pools.. U can cut them and use them as neoprene dics...the foam insulcation at home depot also works for that...

Hope that helped guys...:D

6. I used the fun noodles/pool noodles for my BUBC. You were right, day three after taking my cuttings, and if anything... the plant needed to be hacked up! IT is now looking healthier and growing leaps and bounds! As for my clones.... took 12 three days ago and not a single one is showing signs of distress.... no roots yet, but they look way healthy:) Thanks for the great thread man..... BIG help!:hello:

7. thanx slinger!!!!!!!!!!
    Very helpfull. father

8. awesome man i appreciate it

9. no problem glad it helped ya.....
    roots will take 7-12 days usually..some strain show sooner then others..
    check them occasionally to make sure the stems are wet under the lid and they will root;)

no prol man... anytime...

no worries... All of you here... any issues look me up Ill help ya the best I can....

:D

10. hi BUDSLINGER, i stopped by a while ago with some pics of the cloner i made. well anyways i finally took some cuttings yesterday of my plants that have been flowering for 23 days. if it works, how long do you think it will take to get roots? also, it seems to be working well so far. i came home from work this morning and all of them were perky as could be, which was suprising because some of them seemed kinda wimpy. but again thanks for information on the cloner. feel free to swing by my journal if you like. id be honored.

11. Hi BUDSLiNGER, my clones are already starting to show roots. some are a few mm long already. im gonna be putting them into soil, but how long should i let the roots get before putting them in soil? Also, since roots are showing, could i give them a minute amount of nutrients. would it help?

12. Wow! Only five days?!!? Congrats dude! Mine are starting to show lil white nubs(i imagine they are roots starting). No actual roots yet though on day 9. I planted my previous clones when the roots were not even an inch long. And they lived.

13. yeah i was expecting atleast ten days since i took them 3 weeks into flower.

14. they do best if you let the roots come inn some... like an inch or so long should be enough... and yes once they have an inch or so a lil nutes is a good idea..
    remember to start with 25% mix and up slowly...give them time to get that root structure astablished..;):D

15. thanks alot BUDSLiNGER! always appreciate your help.:smoke:

16. Hey slinger!

Had to bump this thread, if ANYONE out there is debating wether or not to do this...

DO IT! Its so fucking simple. No domes. No spraying.

[​IMG]

17. Thanks diamond...im very gald its working for ya man...
    it does simplify the whole process...

18. Hey slinger, thanks for the bubbler build. I was going for a 20 pot but the container weighed so much when filled due to the high sides that I opted for a 12 pack. Used both 12" airstones since I had them. I couldn't find 2" netpots so I subbed 2 1/2" solid pots and cut all but the shoulder and rim off them. I cheaped out on the heater (property tax, income tax and water bill all this month), but a 7 watt lamp heats it to 78F so that should be good.
    These cuttings are 3 days in. No dooping or yellowing, working great so far. The slight discoloration and brown tips were already present when cut.

Attached Files:

19. Hell yeah Mick....
    its as easy as that....Nice work

I hope you like it.... its works very well for everyone i know that uses one...

20. I was running 12 for 12 on the cloner then ran into trouble and lost 4:confused:. The only thing that I can see that changed is the PH from the city water is at 8.04 and I think it used to be 7.0. Any ideas?:(