Yoda's bubble cloner

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Yoda, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Water temp for mine is 70F and I know some people use a drop or 2 of Superthrive per gallon of water but mine is virgin RO ;)

Hey BS :wave:

2. I agree veeners... 70 is good andplain distelled water or ro is good,
    a drop of superthrive per gallon also helps....;)

Hiya veeners

3. Nice! good job Slinger...
    I built one a month ago, a 24 site...work's fantastic...glad i switched to, alway's get good clone's...
    One question though my man, should i add any hormone with my water too?
    see i'm using R/O 5 stage system now...and i have some liquid cloner that is all natural made from other plant hormones...
    Do you think this would speed anything up?
    i add a drop of cal-mag already to my R/O water cause it's so uber cleaned out...seem's to kep everything green and ward of the purp stem...
    + rep Slinger for your work, nice effort's bro...
    cheer's:smoke:

4. Dude i need some critical help! I am on week three of flowering and i lifted the lid off my dwc tank to change the water when i pulled up to clear the roots from the 18 gallon bucket the main cola hit the ceiling and then broke the top inch and a half right off of my main cola what would you guys recommend i do for this problem please help it happened about an hour ago

5. well if it broke at the stalk or stem you can alway's tape that buger back on, it will take a few day's to rebond but i have broke limb's and this work's...lol
    an hour huh?
    too late now air has got all up in your stem and taping is now out of the question....
    dry it...smoke it...tell us how it tasted lol let the rest of your plant grow until it's finished...:smoke:
    cheer's

6. Thanks guess if i ever do it again then i will try to reconnect it now will my cola continue to grow from where it was broken or will it just transfer all of that energy to the other limbs and buds

7. it will continue on..but your other bud's prob will increase a little cause of the top being gone...

8. Hi all,

I've read the whole thread, and it is fantastic:hello: I have two questions I still need to ask,even though they appear to have been addressed in the posts. Sorry.

1) A single 5 watt CFL is enough for the whole cloner? How far do you keep the bulb from your cloner? (I'm going to build a small box for mine and space is really tight for me.)

2) The stems of the clones dont touch the water? They just rely on the mist from the bubbles? I think I saw a 1/4 inch above the water but I want to be sure.:eek:

Thank You Everyone

9. P.S. Why isn't this stickeyd?

10. Thank you for da post... ^.^:smoking:

11. A 5 watt could get probably get within and inch from the tops or so, just as long as it passes tha hand test imo (put your hand in between the top and the bulb and if its hot for youre hand then its too hot for the plant ;))

No they dont, just like you thought man, 1/4" above the water is fine :). Just as long as the entire stem on the underside is constantly getting sprayed from the bubbles;)

12. Thank You for making it clear for me.:wave:

13. No problem man, GL :)

14. I hope this question isnt out of place.

I need to find one mother plant from seeds. I will make Banzai Mums in soil.

To figure out which Mum to keep, I would take two or three clones of each Mum, and once rooted, veg for a short period then go to flower to see what I've got.

My question is could I take the rooted clone in (in the cube or a plug,) and put it into a 2" net pot with hydrotron, and go through a short veg and flower in the bubble cloner? Like a mini DWC.

It seems to me this would be a good way to grow a lot of small plants for the purpose of figuring out who my mother will be:D I think I would save cash and use space better too.

Am I nutz?

Once again I appolagize if I'm out of line here. Thank you all:wave:

15. this is by far the ebst and easiest as well as space savvy IMO

thanks budlsinnger! im just gonna tweak yours a little and use only 4 plant sites as thats all i need but awesome work!

16. how could i make a aeroponic version of this?

17. Can rockwool be used as plugs??

18. Budslinger i posted my grow in the grow logs check it out and tell me what you think

19. :wave:nice info!!! I was wondering about using to sex &then flower for test samples.could i just switch to 2" net pots w/clay pellets for stability once i have good roots.then add nutes for flowering? Ihave 150 watt hps to put over top 4 flowering.will i need more stones once roots get bigger?has any one tried this&do u think it will work?how often would i need 2 change water?any thoughts welcomed.:bongin::bongin::bongin: p.s.saw u on jbyrds thread.&+rep 2 u

20. ayy budslinger!! check out my grow..got some new pics up and uwills got some questions for you!! thanks man