Yo

Discussion in 'General' started by PeacefulStoner, Dec 23, 2012.

1. I wasn't really getting at 'why' people form into packs and act similarly, I was more getting at what is going on in the mind of somebody while they're in a pack - whether it is possible to detach yourself mentally and act as if you were not within a pack.

Yeah I like that. I try not to follow trends, but I think that even small details become trends: your reactions to certain things and even the way you think are probably following the trend set by everyone around you.

So I think my question was, is it possible to be yourself, even in the face of all of these 'trends'? It could be answered either way, and I'm not sure if I'm asking the right question... :smoking: I think "being yourself" is such a subjective thing, too. You could say that speaking your mother tongue and wearing clothes isn't "being yourself" because those are just things that have been passed down to you from another person.

2. Ah i see wat u sayin, u askin if there are others who are self aware and shiz? Like others thinking "dam everyone else is a sheep"

3. Not really... I don't doubt that there are a lot of people who wonder similar things, but I'm not concerned about that. I mean, when you're in a crowd and you are wearing a stern face because you want a certain image and - regardless whether you're aware you're doing it or not - is it possible to not do that, and just be natural?