Yo... i was just thinking.

Discussion in 'General' started by cnote1239, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Why isn't weed legal yet? I mean the current generation of 30-40 year old adults grew up in the 60s-80s where drug use was all over the place and commonly found to be acceptable. How did this not rub off on politics now that they're the ones who hold most of the power? Yo the new generation needs to take the actions that the former one didn't. does this make any sense?:smoking::confused:

2. nobody in congress has the balls enough to revolt(well maybe a few). they have to keep their status-quote so they can keep getting re-elected. remember, marijuana smokers are still a minority..

3. Like locnar said, People might be for it, but don't want to be hated on by telling the world, so they just go with the flow and say no (unintentional rhyme). I think there are alot of people out there like parents and average americans that are for it deep down, but don't want to accept that it would be a good thing to legalize it or they just aren't open about their opinion. The people who keep it to themselves don't hurt or help the legalization of marijuana, but if they all stood up for it, it would forsure be legalized.

4. vote for Ron Paul in 2012

5. I can't offer any explanation for weed being illegal other than ignorance.
    I heard this really good quote the other day:
    "60% of the people of America now say we are heading toward a depression. Not a recession, a depression. We are in desperate need of profitable industries that we can tax. Um... Now can we legalize pot?"
    -- Bill Maher
    Seriously. Once the government gets their heads out of their hineys, we will be able to smoke as we please. Hopefully that day will come soon.

Edit: YES! RON PAUL!

6. life would be so much simpler.

i can imagine just buying a cigarrate case filled with already rolled up grape smelling joints :] mmmm tastey

7. Because people are stupid and lazy. Instead of doing some research and thinking for themselves, they let above the influence commercials think for them.

8. Getting into politics changes people. They are no longer free thinkers, they work for big business now.

9. Exactly. Money talks.

10. maaan. im just wondering when this shit will all blow down. :(

11. Bud is still illegal because there is more money to be made from it as long as it does stay illegal. Think of it this way, yes you can tax it if its legal, but the price would also drop steadily and in the end you'd be losing money. And seriously, to think that the government doesn't have some part in the drug trade is just ignorant.

12. were they making all there money,it takes 35,000-40,000$ a year to keep someone in jail,an all the people that get aressted for maraijunia witch is a big number,uses the courts resourcses an crowds up the system,spending them big money.