yields from a dwc bubble bucket?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by BigZ, Jan 10, 2007.

1. how much does a bubble bucket yield compare to soil?

2. I'll be honest I'm expecting double on mine after reveg of these shitty soil plants. However I think its wise to mention that I did very poorly on my latest soil grows.. So I think it would depend on your skill with soil and how well you control your environment.

3. More factors go into determining yield than your growing medium (hydro, soil, coco, etc.) Yes, some people experience fantastic yields with hydro, but those same yields can be matched in other mediums if the right care and attention is given.

In my opinion, the factors that are more important than the growing medium, not that the medium is insignificant, are seeds (where did they come from?), light (how much, how many plants?) and nutrients (type,manaufacturer, etc.). Knowing all of these factors will help determine your yield, but the single most imprtant factor is the grower. Is this your first grow? If so, be prepared for some ups and downs along the way (especially with hydro). Don't get frustrated, it is all part of the learning process. By your second or third grow you should have everything dialed in and should be able to get a ver satisfactory yield regardless of your growing medium.

Remeber, everything happens faster in hydro, including bad stuff (nute burn, fungus, algae, etc.) Just keep an eye on everything and you should get some decent bud.

Good luck with the grow. You may want to consider starting a journal on this forum. It is a great way to get some tips along the way.

4. My yields almost doubled, but i know the pots i was using for soil were way 2 small. Im pulling over 3 oz per plant in my DWC bbl bucket system