Yield weight

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by antoniotorrescali, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Wow you are very wise InfamousTree, I think I'm gonna put one hps 1000 watts and the t5 four foot (it has four t5 bulbs on the lamp) grow light I already own in my 5by5 room and use it as flower room for 12/12 lighting and just put all the cfl I have for veggie in another small space probably 5by5 also.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Oh well it won't be that bad, thinking about it I just need it 12 hours on per day. I went to coinwarz.com and use their wattage calculator and I'll spend 27.00 per month per each of this hps lights because I will still use cfl for veggie

3. Just make sure the room you in isnt tied to a bathroom and is on its own circuit as standard household circuits tend to have multiple outlets on one 15 amp breaker with 14 gauge wire unless your house was built in the 70s. safe operating load on a 15 breaker is 1350 watts so try not to exceede that by much if your breaker trips multiple times it can lead to fault which could technically lead to a fire 1000w hps for flower of a decent grower will yeild 1000g plus hence why i run 2k im after 2k g plus.

• Like Like x 1
  4. What everybody else said was spot on. I myself have done cfls & usually can pull 1-1.5 oz off a small lst'd canna shrub..lol. Want more weight you need more light intensity & should flower at least 8 weeks minimum. Cfls lose most of their intensity after about 4-8 inches so the cannopy must almost be directly on the lights...no more than 8 inches. You'll probably yield the same maybe a little more, but you'll have rock hard flowers that actually look & smoke nice. Need to start a small scrog set up yo make full use of any cfl set up. Hope that helps a little

Sent from my SM-G920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes thanks Tomkat31, I think I am going to use all of my cfl for my veggie room. I bought a hps 1000w listed below and I also going to use a t5 lamp listed below as well in the same flower room to have more light coverage. How many square feet you think I can cover with this two lamps below for flower 12/12. The T5 I already own and the hps I just ordered in Amazon. Iam asking this because I am not sure if I should applied the same 50w per sq foot of hps to t5 lighting. I appreciate your help. Thanks

hps

t5
    T5 HO Grow Light - 4 ft 4 Lamps DL8404 Fluorescent Hydroponic Fixture Bloom Veg | eBay

6. Hps is 1000 watts I know I can cover 5by5 with it, how much can I cover with the t5?

7. The T5 won’t do much for you next to a 1000w hps. It won’t hurt but hard to measure how much it will actually help sq/ft wise.

Ez

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. i wouldn't put more than 2 plants under the T5, it can cover a 2x2 i guess

9. You can't judge the yield of a plant grown under CFL's. It's going to be a completely different plant under a real grow light and your entire routine will change. Every time you change light setups everything changes like what it takes to maintain good temps, feed rates, ect. Good luck.

You'd probably be happy with those auto seeds if they had a real grow light.

• Like Like x 1
  10. What are you growing in and feeding it ? You should really only veg with CFL’s and flower with something stronger like LED or HPS. Question you’re running 100w CFL is that equivalents or real 100w cfl ?

11. Don’t recommend using CFL for flowering.. CFLs don’t put out good light and spectrums unless designed for growth with growth technology implemented and those bulbs are expensive. HPS or HIDs need a ballast.. which u may not like as a good one like Solis Tek Matrix or the likes cost a lot! So.. an LED is a good option but the problem with LED is the intense light is more vertical as opposed to HID which is wider coverage and a more uniform foot print. Several or more 4ft T5’s are excellent for flowering to, though it seems you have room for a lot more perhaps.. you need a very intense and wide coverage. Anything bigger than 5 x 5 needs 1000w of true light for effective growth.. u could just get a Mars 1600 or equivalent and use a few CFL’s for side lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk