Yield questions...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FUDupont, Nov 9, 2011.

1. :wave: High blades, I'm on the verge of getting all of my stuff. I'm growing in a mix of verm/sphagnum/coco with a 600w HPS. I plan on using CO2 and either FF or Humboldt nutes. Seeds r Indica blend Blue Mystic and my grow space is 3'x3'x7'. I also plan on lst and scrog. Am I better off going with packing plants into this space or going with something like 4 and letting them bush out, maximize colas? That being said, assuming I maintain a 1200-1500 PPM on my co2 and go easy on the nutes, what sort of yield per plant would be expected? This is my first grow (probably biggest factor of all), but I'm aiming for each plant producing at least 4 colas thanks to lst and then scrog. Is 2 ozzie per cola attainable? Thanks for any and all input, GC! :smoke:

2. Yes it is attainable. No it is not likely. I really hope you do get that per branch but there are many more factors than just the CO2 content of the air and the quantity of nutrients you use. First you will need a strain that is capable of producing that per plant. Some just cannot achieve those results realistically. The rest has a lot to do with conditions over time. Take a look at some of the grow journals here on the site. People get varied results. The more you are tuned in to what your grow is doing and the more you treat it like a living entity and not just a means to an end the happier your plants will be and the more they can yield. I know that sounds pretty metaphysical but all I am saying is these are living creatures and not car engines.

By the way unless you have temperatures appropriate to that type of CO2 consumption you are wasting your time and money upping the ppm. If your low 70's they just don't need as much to grow well. Find your optimum range of temps and then determine if you need it.

3. Thanks Jbrother! I really appreciate your insight/advice. I do take the view that these plants are "ladies" to be treated well and nurtured. I've learned so much in a short span of time but am just scratching the surface. I believe that if you follow a disciplined approach of known successful techniques, treat them right, they'll do the rest. I view growing as "what can I do to give them the best chance to grow to their true potential". I've also made a few concessions on yield to accomodate for less odor. No cheese or skunk bein grown yet.

I have chronic joint pain and am trying to do some number crunching on amts that I can smoke (via vaporizer) and relieve my pain while still being able to function. Goal is to have continuous clone cycle (in sep room w sep growing conditions)...aka perpetual harvest.

So far, I've come to the conclusion that if I can grow a couple of months worth of Wise Budder and stash in chest freezer I'm saving thousands of dollas. I also brew beer and when I make my own, I make around 5 gallons and drink throughout the month.

You and the rest of this wonderful place have given me the confidence to make this a reality not just wishful thinking.

4. Also note that while co2 used correctly will increase yield(ie. The right ppm and temps)......

You will typically use more nutes(whether a little or a lot), as your increasing the rate of photosynthesis in the plant and therefore the plant will use all available resources faster.

Stay in tune to what your plants need. Use manufacturers feeding schedules as a general guideline, and adjust as necessary when necessary.