Yield question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by blow.loud.be.proud, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Also, a general thank you to all who have replied thus far, this is truly the most helpful and friendly community I've ever been a part of. May your buds be sticky and your yields be fat!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. I can't help much in the strain recommendation department however I know Loki125 has grown some very impressive plants with colas the size of my arm in the past lol so maybe he can pass along some tips and some recommendations for strains that would fit your criteria if you send him a PM.

• Like Like x 2
  3. To preface, I live in an old apartment complex that's been renovated. I stay in a two bedroom, one bathroom apartment on the top floor. One room is our bedroom, and this is the other one [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. The closet has 2x2x5 dimensions of usable space in one side without over lapping where the door is too much.

5. [​IMG] my thought is, using that corner and stacking things as needed around the tent so it just looks like a bunch of crap in there. It already looks like that, and no one will bother to mess with it. I could even have a little spot on the right side to fold out a twin sized box spring to access the door. Mind you the door to the room has a knob lock that required a key, and I can just use the excuse that it's my storage room, which is true. I could even add some more random stuff like my extra night stand and tote boxes to fill out the room more to make it even harder to get where the actual tent will be. If someone is here, they would be in and out, just checking the fire alarm, so I could unplug everything and plug it back up when they leave.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sounds good on paper lol... I mean if all goes well you should be fine just cut the fans off right before they come in if you are in flower that away it doesn't have any time to stink up the place.

Just have a plan for in case a fire or flood or something happens.. they don't need your permission in those situations and could prove very costly. Hell in my opinion the apartments I've stayed at have always been shit when it came to respecting privacy and giving notices before entering.

• Like Like x 2
  7. If you are gonna go down the root of 2x mars 300ws in the 2x2 i would suggest scrogging 1 plant. You will get an even canopy an thus better yield.

Strain wise i would stick to indicas in a 5ft tent. They will grow short an give decent weight.
    Iv grown nothin but indicas an indica leaning hybrids for years.

Look at

Skunk#1
    White widow
    Northen lights
    Big bud/ critical mass
    Armageddon skunk
    Royal caramel
    Special queen
    Pineapple chunk
    Og kush

These are just strains iv grown which i know you will get weight from.

• Like Like x 3
  8. My land lady is awesome lol, she's an old biker who wishes it was legal so she could blaze lol I've thought about a contingency plan for that, and if worse comes to worst, I'll just move everything into my closet and hope it doesn't shock my plant/fuck up its light cycle until the emergency services leave. I figure they're not gonna open my closet. Or if my fire alarms are going off, I'll just throw the tent in the back of the truck, wrap a tarp around the bitch and go to the woods lol.

9. I currently grow special queen #1 and love her she's a great plant and easy to grow she's a 50/50 and gives a decent yield but I feel as if in this situation something a little more indica dominant would be best as i don't find the buds on her fatten up as well as some of those indica dominant strains he listed. That's just my opinion from how she grows for me in 2x2 spaces. I've also seen some special queen pheno around in journals that show to be rather sativa heavy compared to the one I have that is a nice even mix and best of both worlds. But if you do decide to go with the 3x3 she'd definitely yield you more than you need it just depends on which space you decide to go with.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Do you guys have any seed repositories you'd recommend?

11. Royal queen seeds

• Like Like x 1
  12. IMG_0685.JPG Remove the upper shelf in the closet so you can have at least 6' of headroom. It's difficult to bud a plant in a 5' tall tent. You can't hardly grow it very tall. Consider all of the space you need. 6" minimum from top of tent to top of light fixture. 4" thick light fixture. 18" minimum light distance. 12" for height of pot on the ground. What is left from 5'? I get 40" when I add all that together. That means that you have 20" left for the entire height of the plant.

You can grow a decent plant with some training into a good size bush that's under 20" tall but it's not ideal. You'd be much better off with another foot of room up top.

I have seen about 4 1/2 oz's from a single mars 300 and a single plant with experienced growers.

If you can't fit a 3x3 can you fit a 2x4x6' tent in there? That is a much better size to work out of then a 2x2x5. That is super cramped.

www.amazon.com/247Garden-Gbox-Mylar-Grow-2x4x6/dp/B00YFZAHZ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503697368&sr=8-1&keywords=2x4x6+grow+tent

I know what lights would rock that tent for cheap. Get yourself 2 QB120 quantum boards and 2 24 volt 60 watt drivers. I just built two of these lights for about $130. They kick the crap out of mars300's for about the same price. Just a little building involved. Check out my thread on these boards in the lighting section.
    QB120 Quantum Board

Here is 120 watts of them in a 4x4. They punch way above their wattage. There's not an easier or cheaper light to build. I bet you parts come back in soon.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oh..IDK about that..here is my 3x3x6 6 wks in:

8-23-17.JPG

14. I think you would be doing good if you get 4 dry with that light and space. I don't think Bubba Kush is a huge yeilder

Come check out my grow
    Kush's man cave

• Like Like x 1
  15. If you're referring to my 3x3 picture..you can't see it, but there is a Nextlight Mini on the right side next to that Unit Farms UfO80 on the left ..Last grow with that setup, I got about 4 ozs dry per plant x4..just sayin..:)

OH, last grow, there was only a Meizhi 450 reflector where the UFO light is now;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I enjoy the space of the 4x4 but the problem with larger and larger size grow areas is the power requirements go up very fast. It takes 500-1000 watts to properly flower a 4x4 depending on lighting type. Not everyone has that kind of light budget or space to tolerate the venting requirements.

I think people throw around going up a foot in tent size like it's no big deal. They don't realize that each size you go up a foot in area on each side is a huge percentage more area that requires way more light power to flower.

2x2 is 4 square feet. 3x3 is 9 square feet. A 3x3 is 125% more area, over double size. A 4x4 is 16 square feet. It's near 80% larger then the 3x3. It needs about 80% more light.

A 3x3 or a 2x4x6' is the smallest space I would grow in. One is 8 square feet and one is 9. They're going to require 275-500 watts depending on lighting type so not a crazy budget but it's enough space to yield a pound from a good flower run.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I wasn't refering to your 3x3 I ment the 2x2 with just the 300w led. Sorry I should've quoted that

Come check out my grow
    Kush's man cave