Yield question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowKid420, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Hey i got a question on why my yield is so low now this is my first successful grow currently week 7 in flower and got a 8-9 week strain and a 9-10 week strain 6 plants in total got nirvanas white rhino and pre 99 big bud. I cut one of my plants today and honestly i think ill be lucky to get a 1/2oz or 20g maybe. now they were stressed at the begining and later in flower around week 3-4 i got locked up for 17 days so they got bad for week 5-6 i flushed them as soon as i got home they runoff was 5.0-5.3 and gave nutriients some dont even have brown hairs yet or very few. the one i pulled today was 50-60% brown maybe i dont got a magnifiying glass so i can only go by hairs at the moment i think it coulda got maybe a week longer maybe 2 since im a newbie but il letting my other go longer then this one anyways they are full or trichomes tried to look through a regular magnefiying glass and i think most are clear/cloudy one i pulled had some amber i think. they also got heat and humidity till week 3 of flower then fixed it but to me the buds seem spaced out and small some are big but none are completely full i LST'd and topped all of them. maybe stress caused this low yield or lack of ventilation to i got a ac unit inside a box in my house and a small round fan blowing air out i was hoping to get enough from this to buy all this i only started cause im so behind on bills and rent this what was supposed to let me keep my house but i dont see getting enough a oz here goes for $250 and a pound is $3000 so i needed atleast $2100 to keep my house sorry got off topic lol but heres my grow stuff on my next grow if i get that far im gonna do like 4 or 2 plants and grow them bigger only vegged 21 days but they are pretty big but gott go for 4-6 weeks veg on the next one soor its so long thank for any help.

840 true watts of LED
    6x8x4 foot grow space
    2 rotatiating fans
    FFOF soil
    FF nutes'
    5g buckets
    76F lights on/67F lights off
    53% lights off/46% lights on

2. I have no idea what your question is but it sounds like you gambled and lost and that sucks. Read up more and next time it will surely get better.

Any specific questions?

3. What kind of lights? and do you have photos ? Why would you ever bet your home on trying to do anything you have never done before?

4. Think you answer your own question
    " now they were stressed at the begining and later in flower around week 3-4 i got locked up for 17 days so they got bad for week 5-6 "
    "they also got heat and humidity till week 3 of flower then fixed it "
    "or lack of ventilation "

5. Not the one that goes "should I bet my house on the outcome of something im not ready for?"

6. 2 fans isn't going to do much if you have no way to exhaust that hot air in your grow space. Your grow space is only 4 foot high? Do you have pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Your yield is directly proportional to the wattage each individual plant gets throughout it's life, but especially in flower. Not sure exactly what light you're using, but I don't know of too many LEDs that cast enough light, regardless of their wattage, to cover 6 plants in flower. Most of the LED's are very small body size and do not have reflectivity to cast light in a wider area as with the HPS and reflector hoods. My guess is that you tried to flower too many plants with one light which left most of the plants lacking. Each plant needs enough wattage individually along with adequate space to grow in so it's not shaded by being crowded with other plants. You can harvest more from one plant that is taken care of properly and gets adequate light than you can by trying to flower 3 in the same space. Being gone for 17 days surely didn't help the situation. Try again without the jail term in the middle. Lessen the number of plants you attempt to yield with one lamp and see if your yield doesn't improve. TWW

8. No one expects to get laid off either and get your bills behind 3 months so tell me what am I to do? I can't get a loan so ill waIt for the anwser.

Thanks to the ones that actually anwserd thought it was stress was making sure.