Yield question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Whatdamouthdo, Mar 21, 2013.

1. So I was wondering what the best indoor setup would be for 1-2 auto-flowering plants I'm trying to get the best possible yield out of both.

2. I am going the soil route. I guess it depends on what you think you can handle, I hear hydro is a little unforgiving if you're not experienced. where are you planning on growing? closet?

3. I'm really interested in trying hydro, and yea I'm looking a getting a grow tent, I think a 48x24x60 will be big enough.

4. right on you will definitely need a ppm meter ph tester and nutrients I would search the forums for hydro grows and take notes. I know after I had a look at some of the threads I got a better picture of what I needed to do and how to set it up correctly.

5. 24 hours of light, lst and litfa.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using GC Forum

6. Yea I've read up a bunch on hydro grows lately. Just been really hung up on lighting, cuz I want to make sure I have enough for a good enough yield. I think 600 watt hps is enough for the yield I'm looking for

7. if you're only doing two plants yeah you should be good I got a 1000w for eight plants

8. imo, the best grow method, for the highest yields, is a scrog.

9. Soils great for first time and still one of the best. Hydro works well, can work amazing if you go full time scientific on it. ive never found taste to be as good with hydro weed

10. using a large light sealed tent with a 600w hps and wanting the highest yield possible, why go for autos? don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of auto's and they give you massive advantages in certain circumstances. but in the set up your describing your better off with manual flowering plants in my opinion

for your first grow I always recommend soil as it's cheaper and simpler

11. Ya ik it be better to go with manually flowering them but ima try autos because I just need a decent amount of bud In a short time frame.

12. fair enough, they are quicker, seed to harvest in just 10 weeks. but manuals can be seed to harvest in as little as 12 weeks, and with these you get a choice to veg another two weeks and get a significant rise is yield. I'm sure you would be just as happy either way though