Yield prediction?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by redwingsguy, May 11, 2002.

1. This is my first grow, thanks to some advice I've picked up from this board they some of my experienced grower friends were amazed at their quality. I started out with 2 but the other turned out to be male, so all my hope rides with this girl.

She's been flowering for 2wks now, since I've never grown before I dont know how much I should expect to get from her, I plan on harvesting a little early for that energetic high.

Attached Files:

2. pic

Attached Files:

3. Are those fluoros you're using? If so, I'd think you'll end up with less than an ounce.

4. Yea their 2x 40watt tubes, I just added another set of 2x 40 yesterday though so its totalling 4x 40watt flouros, does that help?

And on a sidenote, how much electricity are the flouros consuming? Would the electric company notice?

5. You're only using 160Ws. That's basicly the same as leaving a couple lamps on all day.

The following is from an article in High Times about electricity (Nov 2000)...

Here's the formula to figure out the cost of any electrical appliance: Multiply the number of watts the appliance draws by the number of hours it will be on each day. That number divided by 1000 tells you how many kilowatt-hours that appliance will use in 24 hrs.

I know that there are lots of different reasons that come into play when deciding on your lighting schedule. But one factor is that electricity is often much cheaper at night. I just checked my bill and they charge 14 cents per kilowatt-hour during the day, but only 5 cents/kWh at night. That means a 1,000-watt light burning 12 hours during flowering can cost either $1.68 a day in the daytime, or only $.60 a day at night.

6. Your not going to yield much.. def less than an O. First off, your using the wrong lights for 12/12, I don't know how long u have been flowering, but I would get them under an HPS as soon as possible. You can go to ebay and pick up a cheap one for 50-90$. Second, what is your girl growing in? From the picture, it looks like a small box, which means your probably really really rootbound, which will hurt yield. What strain is it?