Yield prediction

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nurul12, Mar 20, 2017.

1. First grow ever
    5 weeks into flower
    600watts hps

Plant 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plant 2

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. 2oz each plant or as a total

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. 100 billion ounces.

4. according to my calculations i have to say that this man is 100% right...

5. You never get anywhere near as much as you think you will. You lose a huge majority of the bud weight in the initial drying process...and then even more as you slowly finish curing it. But your plant looks really good. Not sure if you know, but don't count the first 10 days or so in your flowering time....or at least I don't. It takes the plant a week or a little more to actually transition and start to put on buds. I don't start counting weeks until I see good overall bud production on the plant...usually 7-10 days. But the yield is always determined by the wattage and quality of light you flower with...and how well you use it. You want to keep the light as close to the plant as possible without getting it so close that it will burn it. But you can get one a lot closer to the light as long as you have really good air circulation going around the tops so it moves the heat away from the buds. You generally will always have one or two shoots that will be dominant and will outgrow the rest in height. I just tie those down when they get too close to the light so I don't have to move the light any further away from the rest. But if you will keep good strong air going around the tops of the plant, you can keep the lamp a lot closer and the closer you keep the light source to the plant, the better buds you will end up harvesting in the end. Your plant looks a bit dark green which usually means you're a little heavy on nitrogen. Nothing bad or anything, you just might want to back off the nutes a bit if you've been giving them. I don't even use nutes and mine get like that sometimes just from the straight soil alone. But nothing to worry about. Hopefully, by the time it's all cured out and dried, you'll end up with a couple of ounces. We run 1000 watt HPS lamps for flower and flower 2 plants under each and our plants are averaging around 5 oz give or take a little depending on the plant, after dry and cure. I'm sure that's certainly not the greatest ever achieved, but considering what I was getting back in the beginning just starting out, I'm happy. LOL The key to yield always is the light source and you never want to try and flower too many plants with not enough light. You'll always harvest more from a single plant that gets tended properly and gets all the strong wattage, high quality light it can get than you will attempting to flower 3 in the same situation. It's always all about the light. Nutes are nothing more than plant food and if your plant isn't hungry...something you need to understand how to tell by the way, it doesn't need food. Am not anti-nute, just don't think pouring limitless amounts of chemicals into plants when not needed is a good thing. I want it to be as natural as possible and at this point, we're just using light, some killer good formulated grow soil (Roots Organics Original) and tap water. Good grow soil is truly worth the money it costs...especially for the new inexperienced grower. Taking nutes out of the picture for those just starting out would save many a plant's life. LOL Too many get hydro growing and soil growing techniques intertwined. Something that might be critical (like pH levels of the water you give) like pH levels in hydro, aren't as big a deal with a soil grow. I pH my water, but at this point it's because I've been doing it that way so long and I know exactly how many drops of this and that I need to put in my water to get the desired result. But if you're going to manage the pH of the water you give, break down and spend the money and buy a real pH tester...something you can count on. I can't tell you how many cheap ones I went through only to realize I was getting bad readings. Finally bought a Blue Lab and wish I had bought one from day #1. LOL There's a fairly steep learning curve to this, but read all RELIABLE info you can on an indoor soil grow. The more you know about the process and the plant, the better outcome you will get in the end. But it looks like you've done a really good job so far. Get yourself a jeweler's loupe if you don't already have one. The only way to know when your plant is mature enough to pull is by looking at the trichomes through some super heavy magnification. You'll need to see at least 25% amber in the trichomes overall before you pull the plant. The loupes are fairly cheap. I think I got the one I use for $25 or so. But unless you have some high dollar camera equipment around that can magnify them enough, you'll never see them with the naked eye. Keep up the good work. Looks like you're going to be a happy camper pretty soon. One more thing...as the plant matures more, at some point it will stop sending nutrition to the leaves and you will begin to see some pretty serious yellowing and dying off of your foliage. This is totally normal and happens because the plant is concentrating on finishing out the buds and not growing foliage. If you let it go long enough before pulling it, it'll look like bud on a stick. LOL Enjoy the fruits of your labor! TWW

• Like Like x 1