yield per watt

Discussion in 'General' started by TwistedMister, Apr 3, 2014.

1. #1 TwistedMister, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
    hello people...new here,not to this hobby......I have a questions about yield per wattage......for years I ran a 400 w.MH..(.coulda been hps .IDK..been too long).....tried the 100$ hortilux bulb...set up in a 4x4.....after reading posts about wattage per sq,ft.....I calced mine out to about 25 per ft...yields were average...2-3 qt. jars with a jar of leaves(for future processing)..says here and there, you need 50w. per ft. or better to achieve 1 gr. per watt...I recently increased the size of my flower room(to 4x7),same number of plants(just Jurassic sized)..still a S.O.G. grow....zero room with 6 plants....powered by 6, 300w L.E.D.'s....that's 1800 watts spread over 28 sq.ft...which gives me a coverage of 64.444w. per sq.ft....now ,am I right to assume my 2-3 jar harvest is suddenly going to jump to 4+ lbs?...(sorry, but the word bullshit is growing in my mind)..I used an enhanced super soil...water from day... one,goes into a climate controled flower room in a 5 gallon bucket..other than that,just like urs....

2. and more questions.....under what conditions does this occur?do a few giants,equal a boatload of foot high plants?...do you need a strain that produces pineapple sized budz?.going into the start of my third week flower,i definatly notice an increase in size,HOWEVER,i think it will just add another jar to my harvest,and as far as poundage goes,...lol,i don't think so..im all about experimentation,so,if you got any ideas,i'd like to hear ...thx for reading

3. Hey man welcome to the forums. This isn't exactly the place to ask this! Theres a whole section dedicated to growing located here; http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana-cultivation/!

You're probably better off asking there, not a lot of people in this part of the forum are grow experts!

4. well it figures,...im over here pontificating at a wall,wondered why I wasnt getting any responses...thx 509kush,i'll just jump over there now....