Yield of 5 plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by shroomiin, Jul 25, 2011.

1. #1 shroomiin, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
    mehhh

2. anywhere from a couple grams to a pound or two. to be honest no one on here can give you an accurate answer on yield of a plant that they have never seen or grown before.

my indoor reached 3.5 feet normally and we pull about a 1/4 pound from each, even knowing the strain and my conditions we can not guarantee the amounts per plant.

3. There's obviously more you need to tell us, you are describing the grow as "semi-successful." So what went right and what went wrong?

4. When you harvest you will know. That is impossible to tell. Could have nothing but popcorn buds to massive colas.

5. I said semi-successful because it isn't done yet. Nothing has gone wrong, it is going wonderfully.

I have one autoflower which already has developed a fat cola and a bunch of bud sites. I just have no idea how to tell how much is actually on the plant in weight.

Ontop of that I have a 6 foot female i just sexed plus 2 more unknowns and 1 suspected male.

I was basically asking, in general, what do you yield from 3, 4-6 foot tall plants grown well?

6. hey guys. new here. I read this thread with great interest as I'm new to growing. I have some bubba kush clones that are just starting out in hydro. I'm feeding frequently to keep my rockwool moist for rooting. dipped clones in rooting hormone prior to transplant. I'm doing GH flora nova 7-4-10 under HPS light. temps are 65-75 in my room. keeping pH around 5.5. my clones are yellowing but putting out new green leaves. just scared to be losing leaves when they don't have many.
    any tips?
    also, I was surprised that the yield Boride reported was lower than I expected. is that typical? I heard you can yield 1lb per plant.... please advise.
    lingo questions: zip? LST? scrog? can anyone run down the dictionary so I can follow the convo? thanks!
    MensaBarbie

7. Still a very wide range of possibilities, but...assuming plants grow out well, outdoors in 5 gal buckets, I would say "typical" would be 2-6 oz dry weight.

Since you're new here I'll be slightly nice to you, but really this is standard internet etiquette so I don't see an excuse, nonetheless: don't hijack someone else's thread. Shroomiin here has some questions, he won't get answers if people are distracted with someone else's questions trying to shout over top of him. It's super easy-peasy to start your very own thread, starring your very own questions.

8. toasty, I consider my question on yield to be related to the topic of this thread (on, you guessed it: yield), not 'hijacking' or 'shouting over top' of him. so take your etiquette lesson to easy peasy land. and thanks for your answer but I am appalled that your answer states that an outdoor grown plant will yield only 2-6 oz. reallly? geez.

9. whatever. I post in Real Estate forums and people tag onto the thread with "buy knock off purses HERE" links so you're lecturing the wrong person. my question is related to yield and I even reference that I read the thread with great interest. save your etiquette lessons for an idiot who truly deserves it.

10. it's okay hijack my thread if you want to i don't really care. this thread was weak to begin with, i am just excited for this upcoming fall. no big deal

11. I projected 2-6oz per plant because I believe the OP said it was a first grow and no indication of training (he has deleted his original post so I can't reference the details) so I was figuring a lower-end estimate makes more sense but maybe the yield will be higher (my crystal ball is a little fuzzy, perhaps yours is clearer, although if you think you know the answer to the OP's question it would have been nice to try to answer it as long as you were posting on his thread).

I can't answer for the etiquette, or lack thereof, you experience on real estate forums. Suffice it to say that if anyone tries to post a spam message about counterfeit purses on this forum they will get flamed, deleted, and banned. However rude someone else may be in some other setting does not change the fact that thread hijack is frowned upon here. Since you are new here, perhaps you should approach the situation that you have to understand expectations here before you are in a position to be upset at others over what is appropriate.

And it is thread hijack. The OP asked about potential yield of 5-7 foot plants growing outdoors. Your questions were asking for tips about yellowing leaves on fresh clones in an indoor setting, you reference something about yield posted by someone named Boride but it's not on this thread and no link provided so who even know what you are referring to, and "lingo" questions. That is not "related" to the OP's thread, and it's just not respectful.

Avoiding hijacking is in your own interest, not just the OP's, it allows both the OP and you to get undivided attention.

12. There's no way to tell, it all depends on Nutes, and how you grow them also the strain just hope for the best.

13. Some details;

-this is the farthest ive ever gotten with growing. I grow geurilla and deleted my op for security reasons (paranoid stoner) anyways.. they usually get jacked or eaten by dear or destroyed. I think this is my 3rd season of trying but this is the first time i have purchased soil and nutes. So yes, this is my first grow, not first attempt. I am doing it the right way.

- They are all in 5 gallon buckets. I have 5 plants. 1 of which is a budding female, another is a sexed female, two have not sexed and one is probably a male. The budding one is an autoflower because it has a cola the size of my arm wile the others havnt even sexed yet. All about 5-6 foot tall.

- Using all 3 fox farm nutes. grow big, tiger and big bloom. vegged for a whiiiile. planted the seeds in late mid to late may. used ff ocean forest soil the entire time

- They are all about 5-6 foot tall. .

I feed them once a week with a water in between. The autoflower is going to have to be harvested pretty soon but not just yet

14. Did you top or LST any of them or are they single cola plants. An untopped 6 ft plant can yield a few ounces, while a bushy 6 foot plant can yield a pound or more. I'd hope for a qp per plant. Be happy with more or less.

15. yea. They are all untopped single cola. I figured since this is my first time with actual nice tall nugget trees I will save all the more advanced techniques for next time. playin it safe.

I would be happy with that yield.

16. Oh my Gawd, no shit here. My first harvest was a wopping 10grams dry, I weighed it in the lab at my Jr High school....Damned it all I was sooooo proud of my 10grams!!!

17. I have three plants growing under a 250 watt MH light. I'm thinking that I may get 1 to 1.5 oz per plant. I also agree with what everyone else says about projecting yields. There is really no accurate way to predict yields. I can't predict the future like most other people so I have to agree that its pretty much impossible to guess ahead of time as to what you will yield.

18. yea. I know there are many many factors that go into it.

I would need to talk to somone who grew using the same exact techniques as me to even get a some-what accurate idea.

Im about to go get some pics of the budded out one.

19. Ya, I would love to know how much i'm going to yiled too. Maybe the fun part about this hobby is with our plants surprising us in the end with huge yields. lol Wishful thinking on my part at least.