Yield measurement help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thequickbrownpony, Aug 2, 2018.

1. So both the seed bank I bought my seeds from, and Leafly, list a probable yield for particular strains, I just don't understand the measurements. For example, Leafly says that "Blueberry" will yield 3-6 oz/ft². So, my current Blueberry plant is a little over 4' tall, and 2' wide (and still growing!) How do I figure out the measurements, in order to get a very rough estimate? Please help, I haven't been able to find answers to this, and I'm usually quite good at using Google.

Cheers,
    Alex

2. Minimum 3oz sqft Ur plants 4x2 ft. 8x3=24oz. Quick maffs

3. Those are predictions in my opinion a perfect grow with alotta watts might yield that I’m always happy if I get a quarter of what they claim. But, that’s a large plant so I could see u getting 6-8+ ounces just my guess.

4. Thanks for your input. For the record, the plant I am looking at is 49" tall now, and has grown 5 inches taller in the last 3 days, so I wouldn't be surprised if it made it to 6' before flowering. I'd love to harvest enough bud to make Rosin, or bubble hash.

5. You in green shelter? Any pics man

6. Looking for images, my Iphone isn't helping. Give me 2 min.

7. Don't fuck with that plant, she is my best friend, and for very good reason

8. Wow man those are gigantic leaves. Even soil looks niiiiceee!! Nanies

9. And just healthy as. No damage. Good job

10. Yield targets are a complicated matter with a million variables.
    In a nutshell though.
    If your using the optimum amount of light, 50w per square foot of blurple or hid then you should be aiming for a gram per watt.
    High end leds need about 35w per square foot with a target of 1.5g per watt.
    You can get more than that but as a general guide line its fairly sound.
    Doesnt matter if you use 1 plant or 20, as long as you evenly fill the footprint of the light the yield should be the same.
    Ie when i grow 1 auto per metre i get around 20oz.
    This time im running 4 autos per metre and they look like 4-5 ouncers so about 20 oz again.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's my AK-47/Northern Lights Hybrid plant, I am fairly excited about it's potential. My Blueberry Indica plant has grown 5" in 3 days so I am again excited. My third plant was a Bubba Kush, I planted it in a flower pot at the same time as 2 other plants, it took a good 3 additional weeks until it was ready to go into the ground. I was about to completely give up on the Bubba Kush plant, it was barely growing compared to the rest of my summer plants, then it suddenly exploded into growth, 5 inches in height in 3 days. I am really hoping to grow 1lb total between my 2-3 plants, then I can make rosin or bubble hash from whatever remains.

12. Very useful information, you have my thanks for that. My indoor GSC plants are doing fairly nicely, I just have to wait another month for them to finish flowering. I hate waiting for plants to flower, even though I know their is no avoiding it.

Cheers,
    Alex

13. So let's say, (and by "let's say" I am going to tell you the status of everything I have planted outside,)
    So I have 1 Blueberry plant, it is currently 49" tall, and it is growing upwards like mad, it has gained 5" in 3 days.) My AK/NLights plant has gained 3" in 3 days, and my BubbaKush plant, which I was about to write off as not doing much of anything, grew 5 inches in height, in 3 days also. My plants like what you do.

14. Son of a gun,
    By the way please call me Rick or Richard.

15. goodshiz If u dnt mind me asking what soil is she finally planted in with man

16. Definitely a good looking sativa bro. Quick area formula is LxWxH. Length times width times height. I like how Spanisharcher gave the wattage estimate though. Probably a bit more realistic.

17. A lot of times those yields from the breeders are in a sog setup

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1