Yield Measurement Explanation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cface, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Having no experience in growing anything maybe one of you pros here can help explain to me exactly how yield is measured.
    I read that Yield = Dried grams per square meter in a Sea of Green
    But i'm not sure what exactly that means:eek:. One of my questions is What might a Sea of Green be? I'm guessing it's a large marijuana farm. If you can break it down to a ratio (i.e. big bud produces 600g/m<SUP>2 </SUP>so 600g/m of a x amount of plants is equal to 1 plant's yield, maybe im making things too complicated, i tend to do that)

I appreciate anyone helping out my noobieness.

2. i don't know about anyone else, but i like to under estimate by about 40 percent. that way, i'm never disappointed.

3. Most seed banks will put a strains yield in that format.

Like under the best conditions, my Speed Queen can do 400grams per square meter in a SoG. I'm not exactly sure how many plants fit in a square meter. Try doing a search on sea of green or SoG and research it.

What it does not mean is 400 grams per plant :)

4. I don't feel like searching the G.C. archives for a relevant thread (there are definitely a few), but here's a Sea of Green explanation:

http://www.concept420.com/marijuana_sea_of_green.htm

As far as math goes, a better equation might be:

SOG(yield) > non-SOG(yield)

...but I'm no math whiz.

5. Cool Link!!

I wold like to see some sort of table or graph of what you can achieve per sm, with different lights and different strains. Anyone see something like this?

ie. 400w - White Widow per sm - Avg Yield, 600w and so on..

I got about 9 ounces dry, in a Sq metre of Super Skunk.

6. a sq meter is 3ft by 3ft eh? hmm. i'd say my 4 plants almost fit into that.. 20oz for me

Grasscity Deals Near You