yield incressing tips/tricks.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by irishboy, Aug 10, 2009.

1. just want to make a thread of yield incressing tips/tricks that you use to incress yeild or potency. kinda like using molasses or scrog ect.

2. #2 Deleted member 166296, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    LST and FIM

Also denying water to your plants for the last couple days before you harvest them will toughen them up and forces the plant to devote 100% energy into flowering which will increase resin production because basically the plant is dying and wants to reproduce.

3. proper curing is all thats needed for maximum potency. theres no magic potion to give you more THC

4. #4 irishboy, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    24hrs of total darkness and pull the plant befor lights come on. incresses thc a little. ive done side by side test and the 24hr plant hade more thc after it went in for 24hrs. then the ones that didnt do 24hrs.

5. how exactly did you measure those levels?

6. not to mention, 2 plants would vary in many ways including thc levels. Even if they were clones. I daresay that it would be very hard to prove that your method increased the thc at all.

7. It is all about the cure.

Pulls resins and such out of the stems slowly making it maximum potency.

Ever smoked a freshly plucked bud? They suck.

8. I have heard that also, and actually that is the only way I've ever harvested, before the lights come on for the day. I have heard something like turning on the lights swtiches the plant back into grow mode for the day, and cutting before the "rest" period
    results in more relaxed thc molecules. I don't know how true that is, just my two cents.

9. #9 irishboy, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    it had more tricomes when i looked under the micro scope after i put it in 24 darkness then it did befor. + if mel frank, jorge cervantes, and edd rosenthal say it works then thats good enoff for me. all i know is it never hurt anything doing 24hr dark, so why not do it if all of these growing pros are saying it works?

10. i agree curing is like a fine wine. smoke a freshly picked bud and its harsh! smoke a cured bud and it sweet and smooth. i always cure for at least a month.