Yield 600 watt

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gregmagnu, Oct 21, 2012.

1. do you think you can get a better yeild with one plant under a 600 watt hps or 3 plants under a 600 watt hps. Im growing three bag seeds, im guessing i wont get all females so ill have to kick some plants out but ill still have a 600 watt o what i have left. Do you think its be worth having only one plant under my 600 watt?

2. You're going to want to veg for a long time, like 2-3 months, and use lst otherwise the 600w light will just be wasting energy. The less plants, the more veg time you need to reach the potential of the light you are using.

3. To clarify, the above post was regarding having only 1 plant under the 600. One plant vegged for only a few weeks and tossed under there is only going to yield a few ounces at best.

4. ^ What he said......also You should invest in some seeds....trust me I'm growing bagseed and I have no clue how long they are going to be flowering for 8 or 12 weeks ughhh... But the choice is yours

5. Yea i know,i had seeds,3 auto mazar and a free bee, it was my first grow and i messed up so now im stuck with bag seed. Next grow though im getting good seeds.

6. It will take a lot less time with 3 plants than only 1. With good training you could get results in the .75g/W so that would put you in the 1lb harvest range.
    You could make yourself a mother under some CFLs and use it to fill your flower room with clones, That way you will have many small plants and somewhat of a perpetual grow.

And Bagseed have a good chance of being a female, that's kind of how you end up with feminized seed. Well either Fem or Hermie :p

7. #7 Kronikkk, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012

If I remember correctly it was badkittysmiles, the australian who grew the 4 pound monster plant that had like a half pound cola, that said if you want a larger yield, grow fewer plants larger. If you want variety, grow many plants, smaller.

Potentially, I believe, you could grow 1 very large plant in a 10-15 gal with tons of lst and maximize yield that way. However, I believe you could do just the same or better with three approximately equivalent-sized plants and you could potentially have three different strains. Really it's up to you. All growing is, is trial and error, trial and error. Any real grower that doesn't just have his face buried in a how-to book knows this. Try as many different things as you can to maximize yield and minimize problems. Eventually you will come to something that works good enough for you to be happy with yourself as a grower, and you will continue to do that. The learning never stops, though, if you don't want it to.

Also, I disagree that fewer plants should take longer in veg time. Given the right conditions and proper training, a larger plant in a much bigger pot can grow to the capacity of the footprint of the light in about as much time as many plants can in smaller pots. I've seen plenty of very solid grows doing extremely large plants with a 3-4 week veg time.

8. What are you trying to achieve in terms of harvest ? You want to yield as much as possible but at the same time keep your investment low.

If you Veg. one plant for a the longest (6-8 weeks) to fill the footprint of your light, the 18/6 will take a good chunk in your electricity if keeping the cost are concern. With 3 Plants you might just need 3-4 weeks to fill the same footprint. AT the end is all about what do you want ?

Do you want to be Veg. for more than 3-4 weeks or 6-8 weeks ?

9. I would want a harvest of atleast 4 ounces- 6 ounces I have 5 gallon pots, how long would you say i should veg for in this pot? Ill wait a bit longer for veg if i can get a better yeild so maybe like 4-7 weeks veg. And electricity isnt a problem.

10. My advice would be this one.

How long you Veg. is directly related to how much you will harvest. I will recommend go with 3 or 4 plants. The first thing to do is Veg. them for a minimum of 4 weeks. Train them, do not prune if the leaves are healthy. You might want to change your nutrient profile to a higher 'N' profile. That way you will focus all the 4 weeks in Veg. to increase foliage.

Remember foliage is the responsible for bud production. Under foliage, under yield.

With 5 Gallon Pots you can target for 3 ounces per plant, if this the first time growing. My strongest advice will be. Focus in quality rather than quantity is easy to achieve. Quality in the other hand ... that what separate good growers from the 'Best' growers.

I have been growing for a little bit more than 4 years, almost non-stop with more experiments than under my belt than most people. I'm not the best grower. However; I really love this plant and I learn a lot from it.