Yet we keep asking

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by FatDutchie, Sep 11, 2013.

1. We all know the answers.  Why do we ask?  Does it make us feel that good, or ...

2. You make is seem like asking questions is pointless since we know all the answers.. We don't, hence you still asking a question, even after you claim the answer is already known.

3. You an't know?

4. some people don't have the ability or are too lazy to think for themselves and educate themselves, they think institutions are the only, but don't realize that educating yourself on using google advanced and going to the public library is all you need.

and this is a stoner forum people like to type before they think.

5. People are people so why should it be,  you and I should get along so awfully?

6. lmao... at you two...... 
    fuck... i think i used to ride my bike to the library..... and look shit up in the card catalog.... when that shit was still in drawers.....
    does that make me old?
    i dont feel old? 

7. Tis some blades pondering stupid questions at my chamber door, this it is and nothing more.

8. what fuck else got we be doing.....?

9. We keep asking questions that we'll most likely never find the real answers to. 

Is there a God? Is there an after life? Do we have free will? Is our universe real? Can we experience anything objectively? Why is there something rather than nothing (our universe)? etc. 

10. those are questions left for us from yesterday.....
    pick them up or not...... who is to say......
    leave them where they lay.....
    step out in seek of the the next questions....ones which might have answers......alittle closer to home.....
    the generations before us been asking this shit so long....

any nobody but them telling us we need to follow along.....

they said a raise in consciousness.... i see more and more people getting high......

who knows what tomorrow bring...... but how you gonna find it..... always staring at what yesterday left behind.....

[​IMG]

We keep asking because we're not accepting that we don't need to know. Besides, we like looking at this stuff, wondering, what if . . . but really, all the wondering does is leave us wondering, and for many, it creates ideas and beliefs that eventually have to be let go of.

12. #12 ezak420, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013
    start by asking yourself if you exist or not.. if you can contemplate your own existence then certainly you must exist. is it necessary to exist? if you exist, it must be necessary, no matter what the conditions that made your existence real. what is real? anything you can think, experience, perceive, sense or interpret is real, whether if it can be communicated with other observers and applied to the physical universe of space/time or not.

Real is quite the subjective word though, and for some, they would argue that your experiences are not real unless they can be. But I agree. They are always real. What may not be is your interpretation of them, or at least, there may be other interpretations just as or more valid. But our experiences are the realest real, if only we might see them as they really are.

ok you two........ so where the fuck am i existing ....... when it is/was not me doing the shit they say i did......

i know ...maybe the question is not fair.... but it is what i got.....

15. I like the intention, and I too think that way sometimes, but to set the seal on questions as unanswered and to put them away for the benefit of asking new questions would leave a lot of potentially-answerable questions to be unanswered. 

For instance, there was a time when the general consensus around the world was that our world was flat. There was also a time when the general consensus was that we were at the center of everything, and everything revolved around us. Although there was no proof of such a thing, the majority believed it. To seal these questions off and to put them away would only have left us in a world where we had restrained ourselves from finding answers to answerable questions. But honestly, some questions will most likely remain unanswered for time to come, which is the main point you made, and I agree. 
    IMO, as human beings and technology continue progressing, we open up a few more doors per every achievement/milestone. The more doors we open, the better our chances of getting closer to these questions, despite the fact that we deem these questions as unanswerable today. 

I always think what people living 2,000 years ago would think of our current state of advancement. We'd show them mobile phones, gps devices, airplanes, cars, etc. and they'd probably laugh in our face. We'd show them a picture of the Earth orbiting the Sun, which is in orbit around a black hole, and they'd smack us right in the face, because they couldn't even imagine such progress and advancement coming from a time where history keeping and records were merely being invented. That's what I think we're doing today. I mean shit, imagine us in 2,000 years. We'll probably be drinking coffee with Jesus himself, on one of Jupiter's moons with him going "How the fuck did you find me?" 

16. its all in your head, its all so cerebral.

First of all you only have their word you did the shit they say you did. Second, if you did the shit they say you did, you were there, where else could you be? Third, what do you mean by 'I'? Now, you could say that if YOU were there at the time, then YOU wouldn't have chosen to do the things you did. Yet you were there. Which you though? A different version of you? A you where certain aspects of your higher consciousness were not active? Where without these things YOU can do all the things they say you do, but then lose all memory of them once YOU return? Is it still you? Must be. Do you recognise yourself as him? No. For to do so would need conscious memory of it, and we know you have issues in that department.

So where are YOU while all this is going on? Is it that YOU have left the building or that you are in a different building altogether? Are YOU, only an idea of you, as we all are, except where as for most, we are always at the steering wheel, you sometimes go and sit in the back seat while someone else drives?

18. Yes that is the question after all....
    Where am the i which i know as me..... when the i which i have not hung out with is running the show.....
    Not that i expect to find the answer..... it is just one of those questions which these subjects bring to mind......

19. #19 esseff, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2013

Yet there must be an answer, for the YOU you know yourself to be is a real person. If he leaves the building, or at least has no memory of what occurs, then he must be somewhere.

It is said, that for certain 'channelers', when the entity they purport to bring through appears, THEY are not always conscious of what takes place. Edgar Casey is a good example. The sleeping prophet they called him. He would have no knowledge of what had been said, what healing had taken place by way of medical diagnoses that turned out to be accurate. he simply woke up afterwards. Where was he? Sane place perhaps?

Doesn't bring us any further forward in answering it, but if there is any correlation, and there might be, is the pertinent question where do you go, or is it what is there when you do?

20. Ok....so lets not cast off questions which we have not yet answered.... let us instead cast off perspectives which have failed to reveal answers...
    I think you already know i don't mean those halfassed answers which only leave us asking more.....

I won't say don't ask at all....
    Only..... when the answers keep falling short.... its time to try something new....
    If that means asking new questions.... looking for the same answers.... so be it....

Yet.... doing the same thing....
    Again and again....

Tends to produce the same results....