Yet another thread... for heat problems

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Norcali, Jan 27, 2010.

1. #1 Norcali, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
    Sup GC, first grow and all that jazz. My situation forces me to grow between two grow spaces:

Options:

A) closet that requires daily maintenance to remove excess build of heat.

Temps range between 82-85*F day, 74*F night cycle. During the day I monitor the temp closely before I step in and vent the room. Ventilation has to be done in here anyways, as the originally intended air flow has proven ineffective. The humidity is much easier controlled here than the other option, ranging from 50%-60% I am not willing to knock out holes, walls, damage doors or any other crazy shit that will damage my property. This is a very noticeable part of the space, and any damage would look suspicious on the off chance that I have visitors. Pictures of space A are in my sig.

B) Storage room that requires some work, but average temps drop much lower.

Average temps in this room are 74*F day, 60*F night cycle. The problem with this room is that though sealed from light, it has some major flaws interms of heat loss. It is much more susceptible to the outside temp, which right now in my area is colder than what I would like to grow in obviously (nightly temps of ~40*F) Also, since the flow of outside air is so prevalent (yay fresh air!) It also is susceptible to loss of humidity.

C) Grow Tent!

I dont have one, but I have 100 USD sitting in my paypal account. I could probably place said grow tent in Storage room B. My only concern is size. The strains I would be considering for this tent are some very heavily indica strains. The tents I can afford are around 5'' Tall. Would some sort of training (LST, ScrOG, etc) be needed to fit a couple of classic indica dominant strains? Having bought so much shit already, I'm honestly trying to step away buy buy buy if you know what I mean.

Your opinion and your solution suggestions are very welcomed. Some added info you may be curious about:

250watt HID
    Soil
    180cfm Blower with 8' of 6'' ducting
    carbon scrub
    Humidifier
    More details, and pics of Option A in sig.

2. Personally, I would go with A. Those temps are perfectly fine, and it sounds like it would be less work than option B. Although I have never used a tent, the idea just doesn't sit well with me (personal choice). That's my two cents....

3. Option A is perfect if you add co2. Plants need a warmer space when growing with co2 and since you have to vent the plants will utalize all the co2 in the room. I think that would personally be my solution to the problem

4. Well, how much $$ and effort am I looking into for CO2 systems? What exactly does this entail, ill start some research about it, and would be interested to here what other people think about pro's vs con's of CO2

and much thanks to both posters, rep to hatch, and if I hadn't rep'd yah already tim, id do it again! :p thanks.

5. Pros:
    Bigger yields
    denser buds
    bigger plants

Con:
    Money

They have co2 buckets expensive, You can do diy co2. If you have some dough and skill then ppm meters/burners etc.
    The person to read up on and ask is Rumple he has a sticky in design/setup called bubble bucket. I know if to be dangerous and no more, I stop doing research bc I could not use it. I just know your want 1500 ppm and can grow in hotter temps.