Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Yet another thread about color changing glass

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xIronMaidenx, Dec 3, 2009.

1. #1 xIronMaidenx, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
    Hi, I'm not an apprentice toker by any means, been smoking nearly every day for about five years, but I thought that the question fit here. Anyhow, I've read a few threads already about this but they were pretty old so I thought I'd start a new one. I have a little bubbler which when I hold up to the light(sunlight inparticular) it shows all sorts of purple and green hues going through it, but I've been not cleaning it for quite a while now, and it's just not showing the color at all. It has this dirty yellow tinge all over and is really black around the bottomand now the resin build up is nearly up to the mouthpiece, and effects the flavor. Most every post I read everyone says that it's just the resin build up that makes the color particals easier to see, and some say it's from heat, but I've never heard of seeing the colors only when light hits it. I've tried cleaning it a long time ago and the ugly yellow color would not come out, believe me I was cleaning it for a very long time. Does anyone know why this would be? I'm about to clean it again because it looks so sludgy! Much appreciated.

2. In traditional color changing glass pipes the glass is clear (for the most part) until resin begins to build up.

3. Yeah I bought a pipe in june and it was clear and eventually turned blue. Just cleaned it last week and it went back to clear, so I guess its just from resin building up. Dont clean it :p

4. I'd rather have another thread about this subject than another "busted" thread, or another "was my weed laced" thread.

5. Yes clean it! How can you stand having a clogged up pipe where you have to bust a lung to smoke? Besides, you can smoke the resin, and watch it change colors again. The color is supposed to change from resin build up. Soak it in alcohol or iso/salt in a plastic baggie to clean it all the way (No yellow stain).

6. I clean my pipe once every few months and it never gets to the point where it because a hassle to smoke. Whats the point of color changing glass if it doesn't change colors? :p

7. I've only just realized that the glass pipe I use now is color changing.
    Thanks for making me actually realizing it after all this time haha :hello:
    [​IMG]

from a nice light blue to a darker blue, then you can tell i scraped it at the end.

8. Perfect example of color changing glass

9. ya its just from the resin building up.. thats what makes it look different colors.. but ya that will definately affect the taste of your hit, having a dirty piece haha