Yet another question thread.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by fablemaster, Oct 11, 2012.

1. #1 fablemaster, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012
    Ok, So I've been smoking on and off as my life allows for the better part of 3 years now. I've heard a lot about vaping, and am finally ready to actually try it. No experience with vaporizing ever, so its all new to me. I've narrowed it down to two options, either the MFLB or the Pax. Obviously the MFLB is cheaper, and therefor more appealing immediately, but I've read that the Pax is well worth the extra money, and then some. However, as with everything, I've also read about people having problems with the Pax(somewhat expected, being relatively new and whatnot) such as the tip heating up or parts falling off after cleaning. I'm just wondering, are those problems common enough that it would be better to either go with the MFLB, or wait until Pax has addressed these issues?(If they're even major issues to begin with.)

Of course, with me being a poor college student, it will probably be about 2 more weeks before my bank account has enough room in it for me to buy either one, so I have time still to decide.

Summary(TL: DR)- MFLB or Pax? Does the Pax really have any major problems? Your opinions heard here!

EDIT: Also, what grinder would you guys recommend? I know the rule is the finer the better, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a small, yet effective grinder.

2. Shameless bump, also more information.

After reading a lot more reviews and comparisons, I have decided that I will probably be getting the Pax. So just one or two questions, if I order from Vape World, should I change my order to use an indirect signature? I'm wondering because it will have to to go the package center, and then I will pick it up and sign from there. Also, will the box or label have any information giving away what it contains? I'm just want to know since it would be getting shipped to a State College and not a private residence.

3. Anything shipped by VapeWorld comes in non-descript packaging. I just ordered a Pax, and it said so on the left hand column of the webpage. I have the MFLB and like it, so simple, but the batteries just can't keep up; I had eight, one still holds a charge. Also, there's a real knack to it, so it's hard to pass it to a buddy(here, stick this in here, then squeeze this, then suck like this) it turns people not dedicated to vaping off. I'll order more batteries and still use it from time to time, but it sounds like the Pax will be my main vape now. Hopefully it lives up to all the good reviews.
    Just realized the parenthetical part sounds pretty damn dirty out of context, lol!

4. If you're not already decided on the Pax, might I suggest another vape? I just recently (like last week) received my Vapir NO2. So far, I am absolutely loving this thing!..it has a rechargeable battery so you don't have to worry with the batteries like with the MFLB. It can also be used while you charge it, so as long as you have an outlet, you can always use this thing; even with no battery this thing works while plugged in. It heats up super fast and has a digital screen with temperature control. AND IT COSTS THE SAME AS THE MFLB!!...although this is my first vape and I don't have much experience with other vapes, I would still recommend this vape to anyone looking for an inexpensive vape. If you have any other questions about it feel free to PM me. Also, when I received it in the mail, there was nothing on the box that gave any hint to what it was. So you would be good getting it at the mail center at your college.

5. The no2 sounds sweet, I have the vapir one, but for travel, the Pax is so much smaller and more convenient. For groups, the no2 would be great. Is it fan powered, I.e.can it blow up a balloon? That would be cool, but I got the Pax because it's silent, and that's good for all sorts of situations.

6. No it's not fan powered or anything, it is also completely silent. I would have most likely gotten a Pax or something else, but with a price tag of $100, the NO2 was completely worth it.

7. I may have to try the no2, as well. I like different vapes for different situations, but the no2 is intrigueing.

8. The only thing I don't completely love about it is that it isn't completely discreet. By that I mean that it isn't very small compared to others such as the MFLB or Pax. But since I mainly vape in my room or where I don't have to worry about people seeing me, it's not a big deal. It is pretty much odorless as well. If you have a chance, I definitely recommend one. I'm also a broke college kid, and I find this vape to be perfect for me.

9. Hey guys, thanks for the opinions, I have checked out the NO2, and it does look nice, however I think I still prefer to look and size of the Pax. And can you point me to where you found it for only $100? Everywhere I look its listed around 175-200. If I could find it closer to $100, then it will probably be my second choice if for some reason my funding goes south and I cant get the Pax. And even at 180, it still may be my second.

My main reason for still going with the Pax, is the size. I like how small and nondescript it looks. I think that would work better for my current situation, along with any future situations that I might get myself into. And right now, I'm willing to wait a bit longer and pay a bit more for that. Its more of a peace of mind issue really. The cops have already shown up once in my suite for MJ use(not for me personally), and I've always been a bit of a paranoid person when it comes to smoking and stealth. But I will be sure to keep the NO2 in mind, either for myself or for any of my friends that decide they want to get into vaping later on.