yet another major new article slathered in ignorance

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by growgreek, Jul 3, 2011.

1. From the article-

Flores had run off the road and killed a jogger, Carrie Jean Holliman, a 56-year-old Chico elementary school teacher. California Highway Patrol officers thought he might be impaired and conducted a sobriety examination. Flores' tongue had a green coat typical of heavy marijuana users and a later test showed he had pot, as well as other drugs, in his blood.

"Flores' tongue had a green coat typical of heavy marijuana users" :confused:

The only time I have seen a heavy pot user have a green tongue, is when they had just eaten a few joints when the cops arrived. Any of you "heavy users" typically have green tongues? :confused_2:

Wh
    ere is this dude getting his info? The comic books? :confused:

"as well as other drugs, in his blood." You guys all know how fast those "other drugs" are eliminated from your blood! But, as always, POT gets the blame! :cool:

I have taken advantage of their "contact us" and written them a note. Perhaps you should do the same? ;) Here's what I said-

"What is the error, or what is your concern about the article?"
    For a start, our tongues are not "typically" green! I have used cannabis medically for over 40 years, and my tongue is as pink as yours! Mr. Vartabedian is a fool and really should fact check (that was a pretty BAD error right off the bat!). His entire article was riddled with inaccuracies and misleading statements. I would suggest that Mr. Vartabedian run a search for "Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference List" and learn the facts about cannabis, before he puts his foot in his mouth again and embarrasses your paper further!

"Your concerns/questions/comments:"
    If Mr. Vartabedian is typical of your reporters, you are doomed! "Stoner" kids all over America are laughing at you!

Your turn, GC! :devious:

• For questions about journalistic standards, practices and accuracy, contact the Readers' Representative Office by e-mail, phone (877) 554-4000 or fax (213) 237-3535.

Be (sorta) polite! :rolleyes:
    Granny :wave:

2. Drugs cause crime like forks cause obbysety I as a UK citizen Am outraged by the matter That fork use it acceptible in our socioty it makes me sick that my children will be bought into a world with accepted fork USE Forks are the cause of obbysety not food FORKS As a member of socioty we need to suppress these obyssity causing murdering objects we need to declare total war on FORKS

3. #4 Carebearsx3, Jul 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    A little cleaned up:

"Drugs cause crimes, like forks cause obesity. I, as a UK citizen, am outraged by the fact that fork use is acceptable in our society. It makes me sick that my children will be brought into a world with accepted fork use. Forks are the cause of obesity, not food! FORKS! As a member of society, we need to suppress these obesity-causing, murderous objects. We need to declare a total war on FORKS."

I LOVE the analogy!

4. omg that shit is funny!!!!

and true!!!

post that shit to that dumbass newspaper.

seriously these people think we have green tongues? i, like many of you, have done "testing" with mj.....like how many blunts can you roll and smoke at one time, or how many bongs can you hit before you cant light it anymore, or what is the biggest joint or blunt you can roll, or how will pot affect you if you smoke it all day everyday for years...LOL

my test results: i can roll blunts and smoke them until i pass out, which like on a non-pot day is the same time about 2-3am. same results for the bong test. the largest blunt i ever rolled was a "godfather" davidoff....the largest davidoff they make then hollowed it out instead of cutting it. i filled that bitch with near an ounce of ground up buds. smoked it with a friend then we rolled up some more. as far as affecting me after everyday use, i feel smarter and more focused than ever. and never once had a green fucking tongue.

:)

5. i sent in a response as well.....

you all should.

do you know how big of a deal it is to print a retraction? which means they need to correct something...

it is a HUGE deal, and if soo many people complain about the facts in an article, they will have to. that alone will get more media coverage than the original story did.

headlines across the globe "Major LA Newspaper Prints Retraction For A Marijuana Story"

who wouldnt read that!!

6. Thanks

7. I cant beleve they ruled out the posibilty of other drugs involves after the tests showed positive for other drugs they ruled it out so much they didn't even tell us what drugs he was on.

8. This is coming from the LA Times... A publication known for it's anti-marijuana slant and opposition to Prop 19...

NEXT