Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Yet another "i got caught by my parents" thread.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Alper, Jan 17, 2013.

1. I managed to toke and make edibles almost every weekend for 7 months without getting caught.

Read below for the story.

A bit long read, but fun to read for you guys, i guess :p
    but not for me :mad::mad::mad:

So I really looked forward to use this potent cannabutter which I took the time to cook and perfect.
    I tested my butter before making them into cookies. (they kicked my ass to jupiter, not the moon!)

..So i was just chilling in da kitchen, making space cookies, listening to music! Life is all good!

..until my parents decides to come home earlier than expected.. -_-
    I always make sure that THEY ARE AT WORK. And when my mom is at work,

her MSN starts up automaticly as she starts the computer. And her MSN goes offline when she leaves. (as she turns off the computer)
    And that method saved saved my ass tons of times.

But this time she forgot to turn her work computer off, picked up dad and then just drove home.
    Just why the fuck were they in such a hurry?

They all acted like "Why does the kitchen smell like your room?" :confused:
    Because they never smelt weed before. I actually lol'd and oshit'd at the same time. :hippie:

Eventually they raided my room, but they found grinder with 0.4 grams of dank.

My bong and DBV vape were stored in a securely locked pc cabinet with a laptop attached to it.
    Just to make them think that the empty computer case works.

But wait! there is more!
    I just ordered everything needed to start a pc grow and i was looking forward to it.
    (Months of researching and lurking around.)

Now, you guys might think that i dont respect my parents and its their house.
    Me disrespecting because i want to grow a tiny plant for personal use? Get over it. It's just a plant..
    ..with amazing properties tho!:smoking:

It's not like that I am occupying the whole house with a grow op.

But growing in a small pc cabinet and keeping it discreet from other people? You call that disrespectful? Why? You might aswell just grow some tomatoes.

Now you might say that is their home.
    Yes i agree, but I have no option of moving. Actually i am forced to stay home until 21.
    I'm 19 now.

What about the police? I never have been visited by one before. If they ever happened to come by to search my tiny peaceful cabinet grow, i would just have been left off with a warning, since I live in Denmark.

I have enough in my bank savings to buy an apartment, but i actually care about my education, which is placed 5 minutes away from my parents house and would not move until i am finished (3 years to go.). It's impossible for me to find apartments for sale, which is close to my school.

Sigh......

I looked forward to my cookies, my upcoming grow,

It's all gone.

Don't misunderstand me, I know that I sound like a loser and weed is my life, but it's not.

I am just tired of the everyday life consisting of:
    Study, sleep, study, sleep, Yay, weekend!, now what?
    Laying in my bed and doing nothing at all. Which didn't make me fully relax, but rather bored. That's what i did before i started smoking. Leaving me in autopilot-mode and in slightly depressive state.

I just need something to look forward to. I don't really want to live like this in the next 3 years.

I used to have my "stoner fridays" where i smoke or eat edibles every friday night, sometimes saturdays.
    I usually have saturday and sunday to clear up my mind from smoking. So i can focus in school. I'm doing just fine.

I already tried to convince my parents by letting them watch "The union" but they kept resisting. I also gave them links to studies etc. But they kept resisting. :confused:

Do you guys have advice or any ideas for me?
    Should i keep going on? Improved stealth ofcourse.
    Should i just say fuck it and tell them about my upcoming grow?
    Should i find an another hobby? *sigh*
    Lay off the weed until I can move at my own place?

Just had to get out with this. :(

2. It is very disrespectful to involve your parents with illegal activities without them knowing. They pay for your living expenses, so that means you should grow weed in their house without their knowledge. Cool.

3. How mad were they? I mean, they raided your room obviously, but were they super pissed or what?

4. I would dare them to look at real legitimate studies from colleges or other reliable resources about weed if they think it's bad. If they are against it because it's illegal...Well there's nothing you can do about that, it's gonna be illegal for awhile. Tolerated, but illegal.

5. Lmao at this "upcoming grow". Your parents don't even approve of you smoking and you're going to grow. I just recently convinced my mom to let me smoke and I would never grow here in her house.. And I am interested in growing. The consequences for growing are way more severe than just getting caught with some in your pocket.

Just forget about the grow and focus on getting them to watch the union and such, my mom watched it and she said it changed a lot of her mind about weed, that probably helped me a lot. Let them let you smoke and cook it first, then grow, if you must.

6. I wouldn't start a grow op in your room...

But you should be able to find a way to toke once a week stealthily if you put a basic amount of effort into it. It's a great, harmless way to unwind, if you can find a way to get away with it I say go for it.

7. They sound pretty damn clueless, buy a few cigars & an ashtray and put them in your room.

8. Tldr; OP caught red handed making cannautter by parents.

ive gotten caught a million times by my parents. the most recent being last week when they found my grinder full of kief and threw it out :mad:

9. I wouldn't tell your parents you are gonna grow by the sounds of it they wouldn't understand and you would have a bigger hole to dig out of

10. It ultimately comes down to respect. Sure, show them studies, educate them; but its their house, their rules.

You are not "forced" to live there, you are 19 years old. If you want to, you can legally leave and go wherever you want. You are an adult. If you want to grow weed, make cannabutter, and defy your parents, move into your own place.

If they say no weed allowed, either smoke it anyway and disrespect them, or listen to them and respect them. Just don't get caught.

Growing marijuana is a hell of a lot different than possessing a few grams, even in Denmark. A police officer would absolutely NOT give you a "slap on the wrist" and let you get away with that. Chances are you'd be arrested and sent to prison for growing. And telling your parents you grow? Thats like putting salt in an open wound, and it would most likely have an opposite effect you think it would (they would be even more pissed at you).

11. #11 Alper, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2013
    Thanks for all the replies guys, i really appreciate it.

I thought long and hard about this situation.

I am planning to give my grow project away to a very good friend of mine. He could give me 50% of the yield from the FIRST batch to make up for all the cash i spent on it. and he can keep the rest of his further grows. :)
    He can toke me up if he wants to.

What a shame. I imagined having a tiny little indica bonsai tree. I guess i have to wait until i move out. :p

And yes, my parents are very strict, even though they are smoking cigs and drinking every day. I talked with them and they actually said, that they rather wanted me to drink every weekend than smoking. And i was like why? And they replied "we just want you to be safe" And when i try to explain that it isn't that dangerous, they just disrupt me with more of their bullshit.
    But hey, i get it. They care about me, maybe too much.

Do you guys think it would be safe if i took a 1-2 month break and return to my weekly stoner fridays? I don't plan on making edibles anymore, just vaping my DBV.

It's not like im sitting there and doing nothing when i'm high.
    I feel like a child again, playing with my old set of lego and watching spongebob, playing first gen pokemon, nostalgia overload!
    Im doing things like these, really helps me relax! :D

Sadly my parents doesn't want to hear me out.

12. Guy buy a lb with the savings Bro

13. Those bastards. You should of kicked them where the suns don't shine. That is basically a war crime in my book!