Yet, another HPS & MH Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CookieMonster420, Mar 30, 2013.

1. I know the difference between the two, but I was curious as to when vegging with MH should the same watts for HPS be the same or can I change it?

Example:
    300 watts of MH during veg
    300 watts of HPS during first 1-2 weeks of flowering
    then which to 600 Watts for flowering till finish
    or
    600 watts of MH during veg
    600 watts of HPS during flowing

What kind of difference would I expect? Thanks again.

2. There are alot more variables to consider such as number of plants,time in vedge, size of area etc. fill us in a bit more.

mj

3. #3 CookieMonster420, Mar 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
    Setup:
    8 plants
    5-6 week veg
    4x4x6 grow tent
    MH and HPS bulbs
    600w cool tube w/wings
    600w adjustable ballast (50/75/100)
    Fox Farms Nutes
    EarthGro Medium

4. stop over thinking about growing bro if you start with a 300 watt mh during veg and get a 600 hps during flower your going to see the extra light results but its not going to mean different finished product apart from time. If your growing 8 plants , and perhaps you want to save money you dont even need a mh people only use for veg for the extra warmth , i really think its a waste of money. a hps you will get good if not better results for veg and flower and bvetter lumen to watt ratio. 600 watt for 8 plants is the general summary im trying to make.

5. Very true, I'm over thinking it. My grow was delayed so now I just ponder the possibilites. lol. Thanks you for pointing it out. Seriously thanks though. :smoking: