Yet Another First Grow - QB132's, White Widow & Northern Lights Autos

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by XskullzX, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Mine is kinda like urs except my fixture is 48x48. And my center4 are 2700k and corners are 3000k. Cant wait to fire em up. Just have been way busy with work, moving to better house, and setting up my 6x8 flower room. Only using 4x4 first run . but good luck dude✌

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. im subbed,,,, can we get a undershot of your light's,, every pic youve posted is the top of the light,

and let me know how that mold killing product works for you, all last year i didnt grow, due to mold, so i completelly re-did my grow-room...and over-insulated it,, it destroyed a whole crop,, one plant at a time, hopefully i will never have mold issues again, i'll be getting a dehumidifier in there before summer hit's. and i been looking at this product called '' damp-rid'' ive never seen anyone on here using it,, but its basically a dehumidifer in a bucket,, what i like about it is it requires no electricity.. and thats a problem for me,, too much stuff going in my g-room will throw a breaker,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the sub. I haven't had much activity lately so I haven't been keeping up.

Here's a shot of the light configuration.
    20190127_113829.jpg

I've heard of damp-rid or something similar. I never thought about sticking it in the tent, I wonder how well it works.

That mold product I tried first was a bust. The PM would go away for a day or so and then continue on like nothing happened. I did a little research and wanted to give neem oil a shot.
    20190127_113908.jpg

This is the current combo I'm trying. My first application attempt failed as I didn't realize the water had to be slightly warm for the neem oil to combine properly. I did another application about 2 days ago to my Blueberry. It worked much better this round and see no signs of PM as of right now. I'll see if it comes back in a few days, but so far this is working much better.

The White Widow that starting the infestation has been chopped and removed. There's some salvageable parts on it that I plan on turning into a topical.

I'm positive my 2 Blueberries are photos. They both showed signs of flowering, but then stopped. I plan on flipping to a 12/12 cycle when my Amnesia finishes up which I'm thinking will be later this week (just waiting on the trichs to turn). Oh well, they'll have almost a 3 month veg lol. Just hope I get a handle on the PM.
    20190127_113815.jpg

My lesson learned this grow, be careful when putting a humidifier in your tent.

4. 6x8 flower room:love-mj2: damn you could do some serious growing. Would love to see some pics when you get it going.

• Like Like x 1
  5. are those '' upside down fans '' in there,??

and yeap... thats the way im thinking of doing my future lights,,, do 2 boards with 3 qb's mounted in them ..and after seeing what that does, i may add another row, giving me 9 lights in total,

my next run is going to be auto's... it will be the first time doing them... the majority of my past grows were all regular seeds,, and i'd do some pollinating,and then my next run would be off the seeds,, i created,
    but at this point im done with reg. seeds, allthough i do want to do a pure sativa cross breeding,,, and see what i can come up with using good genetics,
    that sativa run will happen this year, right after the auto run, i plan on harvesting this grow around 4/20 it will be ready to smoke, im in week 2-3 of flowering right now,

6. Lol yeah I hooked some oscillating fans to some PVC pipe and have them operating upside down to have good airflow and no space taken up. I also have a short oscillating fan on the ground blowing through the canopy upward. Having the fans upside down can be a little bit of a problem for the mechanism that makes go back and forth. I bought the cheapest of the cheap oscillating fans and they stopped oscillating after a few months. I kept my receipt and plan on exchanging them lol. Right now I have them locked in place blowing opposite directions and it seems to give good airflow.

You got a grow journal I can check out?

7. i got a wall mounted hurricane fan,,,, but i was looking at a fan i have like yours, and thinking of cutting it, and just using the business end of it, mounted to a 2 x 4 ....
    that hurricane does a good, job, and my room isnt small at all

• Like Like x 1

8. You could easily mount a few cheapos to a 2x4. I found out the ones that I have mount perfectly to 1/2" PVC. You could even use a short piece of 1/2" threaded metal pipe and attach to something like this
    20190127_142802.jpg

And screw that into a board for a more permanent mount.

9. but i give you props for saving a dime,, and using what you got,,,, thus my avatar sig,, '' redneck grower ''

• Like Like x 1
  10. O i plan too! Lol. Its in the making. Need to do 1 run using 4x4, the money from first harvest will help the family and allow me to buy more QUANTUMS! Dam theyre addicting. Lookn at the qb96's or just buy 8 more qb132's. Like that the 96's can b ran hard and the special spectrum they got.. Never grew with quantums b4 but ive got high hopes they can produce sum fine quality buds! Thx bro will send u pics once all is up n going.✌

• Like Like x 1
  11. I prefer my 96’s

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hell ya. How many u got and have u ran a cycle using them? Curious on coverage and how much u get off of em? Thx✌

13. I run two in a 2x4 foot print. You can get up to a 3x3 foot print with two of them.

This is the only run I’ve done so far. I grow smaller plants perpetually. These had like a 3 week veg if that.

Yielded
    10.75 wet
    2.25 dry.

Had I vegged another 2 weeks they’d have pulled 3-4ozs easy. They were grow under one of the lights because I’d just moved new plants in under the 2nd one.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here’s what’s going on in my flower tent currently

The scrogged plant is the oldest in the tent.
    Week 3 of flower.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Awesome! Cant wait to see your setup. The QBs are a great choice. I did a ton of research before I landed on my QB132's, the 96's weren't out yet, but they look intriguing. I plan on getting a 2nd tent going eventually so I can have a veg and flower area. I'm definitely getting more QB's, who knows what's the flavor of the month at that time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I no its older thread but good idea with putn cup over seedlings when watering to make roots hunt down the moisture which makes the mass bigger. Thats why i in every free time i get i try to learn as much as i can bout growing my own meds.. Hell this is year 20 and still finding new things out bout the plant and caring for them.. Thx 4 sharing ur info. How long u been growing bro? Seem like uve been in the game for a while too..? Ive grown 2 harvests a yr outdoors for 20yrs but with being in prohibition land still it gets harder to pull off each yr cause the farmers and land owners these days are highly educated on what it looks like.. So i dove into the indoor scene at a buddys rental house and just bought 8 Qb132's. 4 2700k and 4 3000k. Cant wait to see what they r capable of..

• Like Like x 1
  16. I started growing indoors in 84

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Dry Sift Box and The Clamshell

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dam bro much respect.. In 84 i was in kindergarten.lol u got bout 15 yrs more experience than i. So once wgwin much respect and nice to no people like urself with all the yrs of experience!✌ thx for ur time

• Like Like x 1
  18. heres my fixture

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nice job dude looks good enuff to me. Id rather have bushes rather than jack n bean stalk sky high plants

20. Me as well!! I like short and stout as opposed to long and lanky.

• Agree Agree x 1