Yet Another First Grow - QB132's, White Widow & Northern Lights Autos

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by XskullzX, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Well my babies are fucking with me. The one that showed amber first is still pretty much 10% amber. In 2 days one of my white widows went from milky to 30% amber so into the closet she goes. I'll chop after 24 or 48 hours of darkness, I have to read more into that. The Northern Lights is gonna get a small drink and hope for more amber in the coming days.

Here's the first victim

20181106_181652.jpg 18-11-06 17:24:30.png

• Like Like x 3
  2. So far 3 plants have been harvested.

1st White Widow - 3oz dried
    1st Northern Light - 3oz dried
    2nd White Widow (big mama) - not sure, still trimming. I'm guessing around 4-5oz

All in all I'm looking to get around a full LB out of 5 autos on my first grow. Not too bad.

Just put my 3rd White Widow in the closet. Here's a pic before she went in.

20181202_175508.jpg

Still got 1 more Northern after this White Widow which I totally abused, but should still get 3 zips off her. The trichs refuse to turn amber, but full milky. Might just pull after this White Widow is out of the closet.

Learned a lot from this first grow and 2nd grow is coming along great. I'll post more pics of them soon.

It's been tough keeping this updated as any free time I have has been trimming non stop all month it feels like. I did find out that I prefer dry trimming vs wet trimming. It's so much easier

• Like Like x 2
  3. FINALLY after chipping away an hour or 2 here and there for the past week I got Big Mama all trimmed up.
    20181206_221355.jpg

Managed to pull 3.88 oz

I dont have much of a break because my last White Widow of my first grow will be ready to start trimming either tomorrow or Saturday and my Northern shortly after. They're in the closet now.

20181206_162249.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Super nice trichome shot..

Keep it up!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Here's what's going on in the tent.
    20181214_103937.jpg
    Amnesia auto (back left) - Potted 10/13
    Blueberry 1 auto (center left) - Potted 10/20
    Blueberry 2 auto (front right) - Potted 10/28
    White Widow autos (front left & back right) - Potted 11/10

The amnesia is starting to plump up. Looks like shes gonna stay short and stocky. My blueberries are just loving life. The one in the center is gonna be a beast.
    20181214_103908.jpg
    One of my white widows had a PH issue early on and is still recovering a bit. I've been through 3 different PH meters over the last few months. Pretty sure I'm just going to have to pony up the money for a good one. The cheapos are fucking up my grow

6. Nice grow! Where’d you get ur hygrometers from? Mine suck ass

There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night -Jerry Garcia

7. They were a cheap pack on Amazon. I tested them out first and put all in 1 spot to see any differences and they were within 1 or 2% so I'm guessing they work.

8. Wow, just weighed up my last plant I got trimmed up and got nearly 6 zips off 1 White Widow Auto.

166 g
    20181222_230230.jpg

Still got 1 more plant to trim up off my first grow and weigh.

With that I got a full lb in my first 4 autos. These Quantum Boards are working out quite nicely.

• Like Like x 2
  9. My 2nd grow is coming along great.

One of my White Widows had a case of powder mildew due to it being next to the humidifier inside the tent. Learned a lesson there. I have a spray for mold from Bergmans that I sprayed it top and bottom. Most signs of the PM are gone and I'm hoping what's left is dead.

My other white widow is pretty far into flowering, looks to be a tad stunted, but oh well. Both WW's planted 11/10.

My 2 Blueberry Autos are becoming monsters. Both have had about 2-2.5 months veg as an auto! You can see which ones they are in the photo lol. Planted on 10/20 & 10/28. My younger BB just started showing preflower. She was really odd. Showed preflowers about a month ago and then stopped and resumed vegging. Just checked today and the preflowers are back....glad I dont have to mess with the light schedule.

My Amnesia is fattening up great. Week 12 from seed (planted 10/13). Will be chopping in roughly 2 weeks or so I'm guessing. Gave her the last of her nutes yesterday and will be feeding just water.

20190101_175446.jpg

It's getting to that time again to start planning out my next run. I have some bag seed and am tempted to see what it is. So far I've only done autos and really enjoy how they work. If I did bag seed, I'd drop a few of those and fill in the gaps with autos.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I also made a batch of butter out of some sugar leaves I had. I made butter last month and it wasn't as potent as I liked so I went overkill this time :love-mj2:

Clarified 8 sticks of butter down to 3.5 cups of butter. Decarboxalated 220g of premium sugar leaves. Put in the crock pot over night on low. It's still cooling and separating, but it's super dark. Making some cookies with it tonight, I can't wait.

20190101_181822.jpg

• Like Like x 1

11. Butter turned out really strong...stronger than I expected lol. Ate a cookie when it was done last night around 1ish and woke up for work still buzzing really good. Thankfully I was able to just start work later and work later, but wow. 1 cookie had me ripped for about 12 hours. Looks like 1/4 cookie is the dosage this time haha

• Like Like x 1
  12. Did you mix the sugar leaves and butter in the crockpot? Or did you decarb weed first? I'm new to this. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Decarb the weed first. Break up into small pieces and heat in oven at 240 for 40 mins.

I clarified the butter first as well - slowly melt and remove milk fats (lots of YouTube vids on this).

Then combine green or trim with the butter in the crockpot on low overnight. Make sure to dump water in too and cover everything.

Run mixture through cheesecloth and wring out as much as you can.

Put container in fridge to chill, the butter will solidify on top. Poke a hole in the butter and drain water.

Congrats, You got cannabutter

• Like Like x 1
  14. How long can I store it? Freeze indefinitely? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. If you clarify the butter, you don't even have to refrigerate it when done, though I'd recommend it. It'll last awhile, I wouldn't say indefinitely, but 6 months shouldn't be an issue. Also next batch, I'm cutting it in half lol.

16. If you freeze it, it'll last even longer I'd assume.

Also when baking with it, I bake my cookies at 325F instead of the recommended 350F. You wont burn off as much thc.

17. Cover the top of the tray u decarb in with tin foil.. seems to work better.. we're still using the trim from my first grow.. I think I still have like 6zips in the freezer

Sent from my SM-T350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Cover the top of the tray u decarb in with tin foil.. seems to work better.. we're still using the trim from my first grow.. I think I still have like 6zips in the freezer

Sent from my SM-T350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  19. Good to know. I'll remember that next time.

20. Let's take a look.

20190111_182804.jpg

Earlier in the week I flushed both Blueberries to try and break up the salt build up. Seems to fixed the issue with my BlueberryXL as she is starting to get her green color back. The other Blueberry might be starting preflower again?? It's only been 10 weeks since I planted it lol.

Now onto the problem I've been battling. I had some of this mold protector from I❤GM.
    20190111_182922.jpg
    I resprayed the White Widow that was hit with powder mildew pretty hard as well as both Blueberries. The Blueberry in the middle (the big one) started getting some PM on the lower leaves. I'm gonna give her another treatment in the morning.

So far the Amnesia, other White Widow, & other Blueberry had no sign of PM. I added in a few extra fans for increased airflow and rolled the faberic pots down to soil level. I also trimmed off the worst affected leaves with PM on the original plant and disposed of. I would be severely disappointed if I lose my Blueberry crop as she's shaping up to be a half pounder.