yet another co2 thread/new member

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by grasstacker, Dec 24, 2012.

1. hello Grasscity, ive been lurking here and a few other boards usually doing google searches but this topic i havent found exactly what im looking for so im forced to join and this board sticks out the most to me...... ok i have right now a 4x4 ebb with just a 4' t-5 with (7) pc clones in 6' rockwool i have a few mothers in another room with several cuttings waiting to root so obviously im in the starting stage of setting up... the room the 4x4 is in is 8'wx10'L 8'H
    i have no venting and do not plan on venting.... im going back n forth about a generator, tank or possibly a propane heater... right now its very cold and i use electric heaters for both rooms.....BUT before i decide on what to go with i need to know how much co2 i will need..... i know from searches 1500ppm is ideal and in a vented room or outside air is usually 300-400 ppm....

question 1. can i do a sealed room and just supplement 500ppm co2 and get the same results as a room that vents to the outside?

i understand that co2 is expensive to set up and to get the full benifiet of it you should run 1k to 1500 ppm but to me the benifiet would be just to have my room 100% sealed so if i can get away with this then a bottle n regulator would be the way to go.... if its not then running that size room at higher levels id have to consider a heater or generator....

thanks for taking the time reading my long ass post, ill keep the post a little shorter in the future

2. I don't think anyone wants to discuss putting CO2 in an unvented area. :rolleyes:

3. you need to dial in your lighting and you will need a dehuey

for your plant to benefit the most from CO2 you need better/stronger lights...honestly it doesnt sound like you have everything dialed in and im assuming you just started not too long ago....id say it is a waste

4. http://hightimes.com/grow/ht_admin/6940 read this four times

5. It's an unnecessary expense for small grows

6. bro your reply sounds like some regurgitated garbage thats said to noobs to flame them when they ask a question...ofcorse i just started and its not dialed in or i wouldnt be asking... try and put a little thought into the question i asked with a open mind id really appreciate that and dont take this the wrong way im not flaming you either but id like you to understand where im comming from...this is my first post here... i belong to a few other boards and always give the new guys the benifiet of the dubt and welcome them....

the plants need co2 no matter what light there under do they not? the t-5 is vegging them very well btw but based on my research to run co2 high like 1500ppm you need to bring up the heat and have intense hid's BUT! read my post im not looking to run it that high my only goal is to keep the room sealed so imho co2 in not a waist but a nessesity in a sealed room! anyways i have a 1k hps waiting for flower but i think that would be more of a waist in the veg than co2 at this time.......anyone else want to give this one a try? btw i snagged the co2 tank and regulator off my welder and hosed them down today i might just get a selenoied and hook it up to a timmer for lights on for now untill i can get a co2 controller...
    whos using the math method with co2 anybody? i saw a cap co2 controller for 180.00 on ebay it doesnt have a digital readout you just have i think 2 settings one for like 500-800ppm and another for 900-1500 or somwhere in that range im thinking its better than nothing.... also thank you everyone for the reply...