Yesterday....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Storm Crow, May 16, 2013.

1. Yesterday, one of the 8th graders I work with was busted. He's a fairly nice kid, but gets in trouble now and then- nothing serious, though. He had a few physical issues  (hearing problems, mainly) that were fixed, he's introverted and he has trouble in math.

He brought a pipe and some pot to school! And he did it the day the cops did a walk through with their dog. He has been suspended for the rest of the year and was turned over to his parents. No charges have been filed yet.

Please guys, DO NOT TAKE YOUR STASH TO SCHOOL!  Hide it off campus somewhere! Park you car off of school grounds if you have your stash there! Play it safe!

Granny

2. People are not smart

3. Do you work at a school?

4. #4 llllllllll, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
    Bummer, what an unlucky day for him.

Hell be ok tho, hes only in 8th grade, hes gota plenty of time to right his wrongs

5. Yes, I work at a school, and I come here to relax and leave that behind me. But losing a student is always upsetting and I had to vent, and felt I should remind you guys! And yes, I really am 65 years old!

6. that kid really sounds like he needs help...too bad crow

7. he done goof'd. but now he won't pull that shit in high school probably.

8. I've posted in a Storm Crow, I've finally made it big. It's really unfortunate to hear about your student though. I'll bet he'll be really extra cautious about everything now. 

9. Having gotten into trouble this young, hopefully he'll have learned his lesson. But probably not. Thirteen year olds, boys especially, are both rebellious and irrational. I'm not good at math either, but I do know that those two values don't add up to anything.

10. where does the pot end up?

11. kids gotta learn to keep the dope in the trunk

12. do you work in the old school? :smoking: :confused:

13. ......all my troubles seemed so far away....now it looks as though theyre here to stay, oh I believe, in yesterday...

Saw the chance, and I took it

In seriousness, sorry to hear about your student. Some people really dont see how big of consequence could come from a small slip up.

14. NOOOOOO!!!!

Your school can search ANYTHING on their property. Including cars, handbags, bookbags, and your body! Never take your pot to school. You have to be a fucking idiot to take it with you to school...

15. For the rest of the year? That seems really harsh. It's too bad you couldn't advocate for him in some way. Why couldn't the school just suspend him until he's in counseling or some kind of juvenile diversion program rather than ruining part of a whole year's worth of education? That just doesn't make any sense to me. He's a dumb kid who brought weed to school, not some kind of child psychopath that needs complete isolation from everyone else. Schools do dumb stuff like this and all it does is set kids up for failure rather than teaching them that school is important, the values they actually need to be learned from such an experience, etc. I know you're powerless to do anything without risking your job other than to warn others not to do the same. It's a real shame.  :( 

16. That sucks for him. Pretty dumb to carry at school, just leave that shit at home! Its not necessary. Live and learn I suppose. 
    I learned not to carry at school in grade 11. Got pulled out of class and searched in the afternoon. Though I had nothing at all on me in the afternoon, I was holding in the morning but decided to drop it off at home at lunch. Close call. Stopped bringing to school after that. Not everyone's this lucky, most people I know that got busted at school got charged or suspended for 1-2 weeks and learned the hard way. 

17. #17 Cloudmelt, May 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
    Oh memories..... 

I used to carry my entire stash and usually a piece (pipe or small homemade bong) to highschool every day. :p I also bought & sold weed on some occasions IN school. I guess i just didn't care, but that really sucks that the kid got suspended. He's only in 8th grade he doesn't know what he's doing. :(

18. Granny you just encouraged a 13 year old. I know that this forum is filled with under aged kids. I thought that encouraging minors was against the rules? And you are a respected adult. I respect you. But please enlighten me as to weather or not it is ok for an adult to encourage a minor on the forums?
      I know all about it....13 year olds and pot in school. We all did the same thing didnt we? I used to sell joints out of my school locker ( and I got busted for it too!). Off the forum we can do as we please, but i thought it was against the rules for an adult to encourage a minor about pot. If I am wrong, then I most whole-heartedly apologise.

Dan

19. You are extremely wrong and quite obviously need to reread the thread. lol She's warning people not to take their stash to school. Did you even read the op?  :laughing: 

20. Where exactly does it say she encouraged a 13 year old to smoke pot? Seriously i dont even see anything similar.