Yellowness...

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by Pitt, May 29, 2003.

1. Hey guys...

Im on day 29 of my grow... everything is going great...

Ive noticed though... that the bottom bigger leaves have started to turn yellow.... I dont exactly know why they are doing this... the only thing I can think of is the temp... because it is now so hot outside about between 100 - 110...
    that inside the grow room the temp's are averaging between 83 and 89 degrees... could this be the reason for the yellow?

also Ive only used plant food once about a week ago... it was schultz plant food liquid 10-15-10. the box said add 7 drops per liter, so I added only 3, so I would shock it...

My plant is in a 5 gallon pot.

thanx in advance...

Pitt

2. well here is my Plant... the leaves are supposed to turn yellow i heard.. but i dunno why all my leaves are getting droopy.. i mean the buds are getting bigger since i had the HPS, but i dunno.. its starting to look a little ILL.. here is a picture...

Attached Files:

3. Ya im not real good at nutrient questions,

but I can tell you its not uncommon for my plants to slowly cycle out the older water leaves,

my guess is as long as its mostly the older leaves and its not coming on fast it might be natural

maybe sid or vato or unoit will know more.

4. it happened to mine a few weeks ago but didn't seem to harm them, as already said its probably 'natural' cause mine are fine and dandy now, and a few weeks into flowering

looking mighty fine as well!!

can't wait

Sam :)

5. ok here goes......Pitt, if your plants are still in the veg stage, then you have given them a flowering fert, and it sounds to me that because you added a fert with more phosphorus, the plant hasn't received enough nitrogen.......to bring it back i'd use some high nitrogen fert......i use advanced hydroponics of holland for my fert as it comes in 3 bottles......basically N P and k, for a nitrogen defficency i dilute some N by itself and add it........but if you can't get any then add a normal fert that is higher in N....................Secneek, it looks like your plant is overwatered, check the pot, does it feel really heavy??.......if it does then just leave it a few days and it should be o.k.........Peace out.......Sid

6. sid, YES the pot is heavy, i say about 5 or 6 pounds heavy... thanks for the help, ill se if it works.. 1 day im gonna be in ur shoes.. it pays off to know a lot about plants.. keep up the good work home boy..... later SECneek

7. ok i'm going to ask a silly question, but it has been done by many a new grower, do you have holes in the bottom of the pot?........i'm thinking your going to reply yes, and i'll feel a lot better.....lol......Peace out........Sid

8. Of coarse theres hole at the bottom.... gotta let that water drain out...

Should I be watering enough for the water to come out the bottom? I have a 5 gallon pot... so im thinking if I was to water so as the water came out the bottom, I would have to be watering like 5 gallons or so every 2 or 3 days...

right now I water every 2 to 3 days but only about 4 to 5 ounces of water....

If im working in higher temps, should I be watering way more often???

thanxx again fellas...

Pitt

9. Pitt, how tall is your plant? what strain is that?

10. Plant is about 4 maybe 5 inches... has 6 nodes...
    the yellowing is happening at the bottom leaves...

its bagseed, supposed to be dominantly indica...

Pitt

11. lol.....no....pitt the question i asked was for secneek....lol......Peace out........Sid

12. yea i have holes at the bottom of the pot.. no water has drained from it yet though.. is that OK? she is starting to look better also.. thanks sid

13. she looks fine apart from the overwatering, it will take a while to come round, a few days anyway..............and pitt, for a 5 gallon pot i'd add approx 1/4 to 1/2 litre of water every 3-4 days......depends on the temp and need.....just feel the weight.........if it's heavy it's fine.....if it's light add some water...........Peace out........Sid

14. Cool.... This plant looks to be needing water constantly... I water every 2 to 3 days... with a few ounces of water.... about a day and half after watering most of the soil is completely dry.... every about a finger deep into the soil... is this weird??? or is it just because of the temp conditions?

Pitt

PS: sorry for answering the wrong question... sometimes I get mixed up... but what would we do without the expertise of the almighty SID!!... thanxx man!!

15. shit.....sory i was stoned and posted that wrong, i'd use approx 1/4 to half of a 2 litre bottle, hence that would be 1/2 to 1 litre every 4 days......oooops......lol......Peace out......Sid

16. gee thanks......now all my plants are burnt up

hehe just messing with ya:)

17. hahahahaha....

good advice sid...

late

Pitt

18. Ironman: are u serious or u r joking? Did they all burnup ? Come on man its not the best idea to pull someone's leg when stoned.....

19. newbee read the bottom of his post................Peace out......Sid

20. dont older leaves turn yellow and die naturally? my second pair are doing that.......is that plant flowering or is that just me?

Grasscity Deals Near You