yellowish leaves

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tza36, Jun 24, 2012.

1. So i am 6 weeks into flowering my 2 super silver haze plants. Some leaves are starting to turn yellowish and becoming very brittle. I have them under a 600 hps. They are very close to the light. Im not sure if that is the problem or if this is normal. Overall they are very healthy with beautiful big buds.

2. Its not the new growth that's yellow right? Im new myself but ive read Its normal for the fan leaves to yellow from the bottom up towards the end of flowering...hopefully somebody more experienced will chime in. :p

3. i also JUST read that in flowering its common for leaves to turn yellow due to nitrogen. something about nitrogen not being used in flowering so it could be overnuted. anyone who can help you on here is going to want pics to properly diagnose the problem but i was just giving some insight. love sharing knowlede ya know?

4. Thanks for the info. Some people i know said this is normal at the end of flowering so im guessing everything is good.

5. do you test your soil? i JUST ran out and bought one. my sprouts are yellowing.

6. Six weeks is not really end time for super silver haze bloom phase is it? Where on the plant are the leaves doing this? Brittle is not a good sign. Closer than 24 inches to an HPS is too close, especially if uncooled. Ambient temps need to be 75F max in the canopy zone unless you are adding C02. Too hot means airy buds and more stress. What nutes are you using?

7. if you add co2 you can get away with higher temps??:confused::confused:

8. My plants almost doubled in size in flowering and are a few inches under the light. I ran out of room! Im using canna coco with canna nutes. This is my first grow. Some of the tops got a little burned. But the buds r huge and looking really good. I always check the ph after mixing water with the canna nutes.

9. Show some pics. will get better responces