yellowish brownish edges towards tips

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Durkalizer, Aug 10, 2007.

1. about 3 weeks old...

-first 5 and 7 bladed leaves.... are showing signes of probs....

-i got 2 27 watt 5500K cfl lights in a (roughly) 16''w by 24"l by 24"h.... sitting an inch and a half off the tops of the three new shoots (FIMed 5 days ago).... yesterday i noticed one of the seven bladed leaves had a shine at the very tip of the middle "finger", and one of the blades looked as if it was really dry around the edges at the tip... I moved it too a temperature controlled mini fridge over night too see if it was a prob with tha lights... and since the blades looked hella better (and the dry one lost its tiny bit of dryness) I moved it back while i went to school.... I came home 12 hours later to find that the problem has escelated to both of them -and the pair of leaves below them- showing yellowish brownish edges...

also a few days ago i noticed the plant might have nitrogen toxification because the ridges of the leaves are turnning a light green, spreading toward the tip.... (same leaves)

I use oriental tropical plant food and super thrive... at VERY low doses... i take a drop of superthrive and pinch of the plant food into a 20 oz bottle... Then pour a fourth of THAT into 16 oz's of fresh water....

so far im leaning towards flushing.... any other ideas?

2. Can you post pics please or find a matching plant here:http://www.ganjaguerrilla.net

1. Soil or soilless & brand name of soil , hydro?
    2. PH of medium?
    3. PH run off?
    4. PH of water?
    5. Age of plants?
    6. What Fertilizer, dosages, and frequency?
    7. lites, wattage & proximity to plants
    8. Light cycle. 24/0,, 18/6,, 12/12?
    9. In light cycle how long?
    10. Room temps

3. im goin 24-0.... started from seed.... i have 2 27 watt 5500K bulbs a lil more than an inch off the top of the plant.... its not heat burn because the temp is 82 and it persisted even when i moved the plant .... I use oriental plant food and super thrive.... u can see the dosages up top.... I mix a pinch of the plant food, and a drop of superthrive into a 20 oz bottle... and put 4 oz's of that per 20 ounces of watering....

-no camera.... and i have been to that site 4 times including tonight.... and still have not seen anything even closly resembeling what this looks like.... I have no way of finding out the Ph...

4. your going to need to test the PH as it is usually fert burn or bad ph

5. I transplanted it to a bigger pot (one gallon)... and gave it a good flush with a tad of super thrive towards tha end... The browning stopped and the new growth regained its normal color... Its growth has been amazing the past three days and has just begun its 7th node.... Im going to begin flowering once I get some side lighting....