yellowing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lilredrice, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Hi guys , 2 weeks left is it normal to yellow this much?

Attached Files:

2. yup. let her do her thing. :smoke:

3. I'm noticing a difference now too. I just started to flush this week.

"if you want me to respond back, quote me"

4. Yea the yellowing is because the plant is taking the built up nutrients in the leaves and using them to produce the thickest buds possible, so it's just sucking the nutes out the leaves no worries

5. So what would happen if all the fan leaves fall off lol?

6. #6 CoLoKiD, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2013
    Yes it could be part of its natural process, but go to your local hydro store and buy a 30X loupe and check the underside of the bud leaves for spider mites. Out of three my yellowest had mites. But I caught her just in time to treat. The other two were perfectly fine but treated none the less. You can treat with a folier spray up till the last two weeks of flower.

7. my last 2 week starts today? So is the spider mites just go for the big fan leaves or small one too? I'll check it tomrrow morning .

8. #8 CoLoKiD, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
    . No they go for the little bud leaves. There little legs don't like the sticky stuff so they are typically on the underside. They eat away at your plant and it bad infestitation they can yellow a plant and make the fan leaves yellow and shrivel.

You can use this stuff from veg through week 5 of flower. Foliar and feed treatment. [​IMG]

And you can use this stuff from veg until the last 2 weeks of flower. Foliar only
    http://s87.photobucket.com/user/npvalenti/media/Grow/image-43.jpg.html][​IMG][/URL

9. my girls are all still dark green..got 2 to 3 weeks left

• Like Like x 1
  10. thanks I checked no mites, I think those 3 just yellowing out more .

11. Awesome. I use the aza max just to prevent them. But after talking with two hydroponic shops, mites are WAY more common then I ever expected. And when I first got them I didn't see them the first 4-5 times with the 30X loupe. Now I'll never see them again!

12. #12 lilredrice, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
    yeah same here, I usually dnt seem any untill flowering time kinda annoying.

13. Bought lady bug to controll mits but they didn't do shit lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I thought about that. But my outdoors they'd fly away. And my indoor room is sealed and they would probably end up in my dehumidifier with the gnats.

15. I sprayed them with coke n water, release them at night at the base of the plants stem, they crawl up the stem. Just that its was annoying after 3 days they started to fly again in my green house.

LOL. That happen to me once and I said for get it. But a guy I know he sprays the whole plant wet( before it buds) and he scoop like a cup or two and it works for him.

17. Outdoors lady bugs arent as effective as some people think. There primary diet is aphids and when outdoors if theres no aphids around they will eventualy fly off looking for them. Indoors when spider mites are the only source of food then yes they will eat them. Outdoors put them out at night, you can lightly spray them with a mix of coke and water to make their wings to sticky to fly for a while and they will stick around longer. There are other predatorial bugs that are more effective outdoors for spider mites then lady bugs. Spider mite damage is pretty easy to see it looks like tiny white dots about the size of a pin head all over the leaves and they can reproduce fast that's why spraying every 3 days is recommended. My primary spray for spider mites is pyrethrin concentrate mix with another concentrate added that contains spinosads like Captain Jacks Dead Bug Brew and when worms start to come around I switch it up between pyrethrin/spinosad spray and pyrethrin/BT spray. We deal with spider mites, bud worms and California Oak worms every year.

18. Guys the plants is 1 week away frm harvesting 2 plants lost about 70% of its fan leaves. And bud feels a little lighter how much flushing will decrease my yield?

19. Guys the plants is 1 week away frm harvesting 2 plants lost about 70% of its fan leaves. And bud feels a little lighter how much flushing will decrease my yield?

20. We have a plant that is a few days away from harvest and am trying something another grower I know said he does and that's the last 3 days or so no water at all. He said it forces the plant to pull more thc into the buds. Flushing doesn't decrease yield.