Yellowing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Xxpaintdemonxx, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Need some input about two of my plants. They are starting to yellow and want some tips on what you might think they are. I transplanted them 3 days ago. They are in ffof soil. I havn't used any nutrients yet and they have been under 1000w mh light 24/7. One plant was yellowing prior to transplant which is my autoflowering plant. The other one started yellowing yesterday and I noticed getting more yellow today. The second one is not autoflower. I was watering about everyday as I noticed the Dixie cups was drying fairly quickly. Since I've transplanted them in 2 gallon pots I havn't watered since the transplant thinking I might of overwatered. I was planning on watering today and introducing big bloom nutrient at 1/4 solution. I have 8 plants growing and only these two are showing the yellowing. The grow room temp has been 80-82 degrees during day and 74-78 at night. I took some pics on my phone they are not the greatest but it does show what I'm talking about. Any help is appreciated thank you!!

2. If you just transplanted into FFOF, you don't need to add any nutes. FFOF is hot out of the bag and the nutrients in that soil will keep you good for around a month.

3. They where in ffof in dixie cups as well. I knew the soil was rich in nutrients so I will hold off on adding any nutrients for another 2 weeks then. But here is the pictures of the plants.

IMG99 is the autoflower
    IMG98 is Critical Hog (Critical x White Widow)

IMG98 was doing great until transplant. Could it just be shock?

Attached Files:

4. #4 Xxpaintdemonxx, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    All the plants are starting to do it... Their wasn't any holes in the bottom of the pots I cut holes in the bottom also put some fresh soil over them to help topping the container off. The soil still in the pots are moist and I don't plan on water until its mostly dry. All the leaves are drying up. Any advice would be great. The automatic one is almost completly yellow and dry. I'm assuming these plants r dieing?

My 1000w mh was about 1' away from plant I also moved it to about 2' away aswell thinking heat exposure. I did at one time get moisture on the leaves and I read that could cause the leafs to dry because its like a reflector on the of light.

5. Might be a nitrogen deficiancy.

6. If that was the case I have them in fox farm ocean forest I also have the fox farm 3 pack. Should I start using big bloom then ?

7. That's nutrient burn, homie. That soil might be a bit hot for those babies. Use good clean water, and don't add any nutrients. If they don't start recovering, or their conditions keep getting worse, you may consider transplanting them into something a bit more neutral (peat w/perlite, coco, etc.) Then you can put them back in the FF soil once they've developed a stronger root system.

8. When I first transplanted these I watered them but not to the point where there was runoff. They are still moist about first 5 inch is dry. Should I try using clean water ph at 6.5 and getting 20% runoff? Maybe that would help or should I wait for drying? It has been getting worse slowly.

9. Just watered them with 20% runoff testing at 6.44 ph. Hope it helps...