Yellowing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by thcmane, Feb 3, 2013.

1. All of my other plants r doing fine and this one is wanting to stay yellow it will darken up a little when I give nutes... Does any one think there is a problem??

Attached Files:

2. up the dosage a bit

3. Y would just that one plant be like that?? I have been giving it full strength nuts for four weeks

4. are those plants the same strain and are they grown from seed or clone?
    different plants have different shades of green, sativas being lighter and indicas being darker.

generally a uniform color throughout the plant means its healthy, if it gets more yellow towards the bottom thats usually a sign of nitrogen deficiency and if the fresh growth is too light, thats something like magnesium deficiency I believe though Im not sure on that. its normal for very fresh growth tips to be lighter in color.
    if plants express deficiencies, most of the time thats actually because the pH is off, rendering them unable to uptake certain nutrients even though theyre present. so whats the pH of your water, nutrient solution and runoff? what medium do you have them in and what are you feeding them anyways? so many gaps in the information you provided...:confused:

5. Is that your ballist behind it if that is it might be getting stressed from the heat would explain why only that plant is affected

Sent from iPhone 5

6. There are three diffrent strains all feminized seeds. There is another one of same strain and not having problems out of it. The ph of my runoff is a little high like 7.4 but when I water I always make sure my ph is around 6.0.. They r in a mix of perlite and 10/5/5 potting mix with worm castings and feeding the AN jungle juice three part grow and some B-52 .... The picture that I posted with is three of the other plants and there strong looking

Attached Files:

7. your runoff ph is way high. bring that down. I run mine 6-6.5.

8. It seems to stay the same on my run off even if I water with low ph water..... I have flushed pots and after I water once it went back up

9. #9 Buffalo11024, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
    then your mediums ph is too high and you should change it next time, to be honest I'm not sure how you can fix it now. if you are watering with a ph of 6 and your runoff is 7.4 then your mediums ph is 8.8 to make your run off 6.5 your water would need to be a ph of 4.2.

10. This is my first grow next time I thank in going to use fox farms soil or just switch to hydro

11. fox farm happy frog has worked well for me. can use some more peralite in it though.

12. why not switch to organic soil? its by far the easiest medium to work with and results are great. you just gotta mix it right to begin with, then you can lean back and do nothing but water until harvesting. pH balancing, feeding and flushing all become obsolete cuz microbes do the job.

13. #13 ThatCrash, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
    It looks like you are in the progression stage of Nitrogen deficiency.

All plants grow differently and require more or less nutes, this all has to do with the growing environment. If they are the same genetic makeup, the light might be hitting the plants differently. I'd up the nutes... Honestly there can be so many different scenarios for this plant to be yellowing and the others aren't.

Just up the Nitrogen for now on that plant.

14. What's a good organic mix to use??

15. Soil has to be mixed and ph balanced to your water source. If it is done incorrectly you will still be balancing your water. just saying.