Yellowing wilting taproot

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MarsManRising, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Hello all, new member to grasscity here needing some help. Im a newb and still doing somethings wrong, but hopefully that will change with some help from the grasscity community.
    Ok so the problem is after the taproot had poked its way out of my rockwool about and inch i transferred them to a bubbler(PH is fine btw). The next day i go check on my girls and i notice one of the taproots is dingy, wilted, and over all not looking good. My others just looked a little yellow but still concerning. They seem to be doing a small amount worse today. The tops look in no way effected besides some slowed growth, but other than that they seem fine.
    I think i have narrowed it down to 3 things i could be. 1.I forgot to leave the bubbler on during dark period(even though RW was still saturated). 2.The temps are to high in my room making my res too hot.(cant do much about it at the moment). 3. Im somehow getting to much light in from the top even though it has been spray painted. 
    Let me know what you think, any help on the subject would be amazing so thanks in advance.

2. all three things are spot on. keep air on 24/7, keep water temp under 70F (try putting frozen water bottles in the res), place an old sheet or something dark over the res. this will keep light out and insulate it for cooler temps.

3. FROZEN WATER BOTTLES.....GENIUS! I keep my room well ventilated , but ill definitely be putting some extra cover on and start using frozen water bottles. Do you think they will recover ok ? 
    Thanks for the info, very reassuring.

4. yea, just fix the issues and they will thrive. and if not, then you know better for next time. it's all a learning experience.

5. Wonderful, thanks man. :smoke:

6. Roots still not recovering at all. The tops are looking fine other than extremely slow growth. I have fixed all three suspected problems with no resolution. Someone help me, this has already set back growth at least a week.