Yellowing Viens On Older Leaves (picture)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Drivenone, May 15, 2010.

1. #1 Drivenone, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2010
    Leaf veins are yellowing older leaves. New leaves look normal no signs of yellowing. Read the sticky on sick plants and searched web for more info. Answered following questions below.

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    What brand and type of soil?
    Indoors or outdoors?
    What strain?
    How old are the plants?
    What type of lights and how many watts?
    How far from the lights?
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    What size pots?
    Any bugs? Look real close.
    Any other pertinent info?

Soil
    18 month old MG garden soil/Potting mix
    Indoors
    Papaya
    21 days veg + 28 days flower
    276/1200 watts CFLs (43/200 watts up top, 86/400 watts middle per plant)
    2inchs top, 3+inches middle
    Tap water every other day
    Schultz Bloom, 10-54-10 1/2-3/4 strength
    Never tested medium for pH
    No humidity check, 80+ F
    No Bugs
    Read the sticky and then searched web for vein yellowing and came up with Phosphate poisoning. Mg deficiency was said to cause yellowing leaves while veins remain green.

How do you avoid phosphate poisoning when flowering your plants? Phosphorus is what we give the plants to promote flowering. Supposing I should stop with nutrients and find a new source of flowering food.

I think I've found what I did wrong and answered my own issue, but would like to get some input anyway. Not much I can do with the current grow with 32-42 days left but flush the soil.

Any chance there is something that will make it go away and return the veins back to healthy green?

Attached Files:

2. Could be poisoning, could also be Iron def. Not knowing your Ph makes it very difficult to diagnose issues. Phosphate toxicity interferes with the intake of other nutrients though, could be both. I suggest flushing and stop using that Schultz food. Check your Ph.

3. thanks. For iron, I can leech a meteorite into the plant. I've done this before. I once had a collection of 150 different space rocks when I was selling on ebay. The iron meteorite is called Nantan. here are my selections to choose from for I have a few samples left. There's a few.

Deakin 007
    Ashmore
    Nantan

4 unknown pieces with auction numbers.

Nothing too special, none witnessed and have been in the ground forever. The ones from Kansas are already part of the food chain. Corn Wheat, soy. They were found while plowing the fields. I'd like to get my hands on one that was witnessed and snatched up after a few hours later. These are the ones that will have things new to Earth. I guess of the ones I have, Nantan would not be native to USA and would have plenty of unknown elements.

Leeching is easy. Just place rock on top of soil and when you water, pour water over meteorite. The FE, and other elements and minerals will wash down into the soil and find the roots.

here's a pic of a Nantan chunk I polished...

I had this crazy idea that I could make wome really strong pot by adding meteorites to the soil Idea being the unknowns in the rock and just the fact that this rock came from space and would "space" out the THC.

yes, I have eaten pieces of all 150 that I had. The 1st one got me sick and I still flashback when I think about it. That was Tatahouine. I just couldn't resist.

Attached Files:

4. fucking share ..and I do not mean the rocks..seriously I want whatever this guy is having ...:smoking:

ok sorry ..I had to say it .. neat collection BTW :cool:.. I am actually jealous :eek:

and totally off topic ..sorry for the hijak

not totally convinced it is iron ..iron deficiencies leave the veins green, and the rest yellow, quickly turning white.., and is fixed by adding a little potassium BTW

looks a lot more like late flower die off.. leaves do this starting about half way through flower ..if anything it would be the Phosphorus, as that ratio is huge in your flower ferts...

so flush em out ( getting that soil to 0 nutrient level and just feeding it hydro drain to waste mix at 1/2 strength, if you have too, but probably not needed) , and get a new flower fert. that one is like Poison Hemlock, and your plant Socrates...

peace
    Wharf

5. I hope it's natural die off. I'm used to seeing fan leaved die during previous grows. I just never remember seeing yellow veins. I haven't done anything yet. Waiting for the top soil to dry a bit. It may be over watering. I wouldn't be having this problem if I didn;t force a brak in my grow. Who would think that 6 months would slow you down and make you noobish again. I'll get it dialed in again and start produceing 3-4 ounce per grow.

BTW, I licked the meteorites. Occasionally a very small chunck would get sucked on until it melts. I remember some more than others. The first one was salty, then there was the one that caused me to drool. Not so much by the flavors but by the tiny metal flakes and the sensations of being very tasty.