Yellowing veins! Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by highflyinfun1, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

This is my second grow and now both times I have had the leaves turn from a wonderful green to slowly dying. The veins start to yellow in almost all the leaves and then the leaves slowly yellow out and die. The plants seem to finish, but I do not think this is right. :confused:

Now for the details.

I am growing from unknown seeds but they are from a private stash of someone who used to grow high quality bud. The plants at least look very nice compare to my first bagseed grow!

I currently have 5 plants under 12/12 lighting.

Grow space is approx. L5'3" x W2'6" x H6'4"

Lighting is 8 4ft T12 GE grow lights. Yes, the lighting sucks! :)

The soil is Pro Mix with Myco in 10' pots. Maybe less then a gallon pot size. These are too small.

I water when pretty light and dry and use Jacks Blossom Bloom every watering. I follow the directions for the amount.

Current temp is too low at 65, but had the same problem when steady at 78.

I am currently using aluminum foil for the reflective material. I know, not the best.

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!! Also, if anyone has suggestions for a good soil and nute combo I would love any input. I do not want to have to mix my own soil. The soil and nutes is where I believe the problem is, but who knows. Thanks again!!!!

Now to address the crappy lighting, small pots, low temp, etc.

I have purchased (hopefully it will ship tomorrow from HTG) the 600W Digital Greenhouse Dimmable ballast with Euro reflector and an Agromax HPS bulb. This should raise the temp and take care of the poor lighting.

I also ordered Diamond Foil, which will cover all surfaces.

I purchased a pH meter.

I bought 10 3 gallon grow bags with the black inside and reflective material on the outside.

I already have odor control.

I am hoping to get this installed as soon as it gets here and I really hope this makes a big difference! Time will tell.

Thanks eveyone for any help!!

2. Have you tried not using the nutes for a week to see if that helps? Whenever Ive run into problems, I only water normally ( I dont flush ) using clean water without nutes.

3. I just watered today with nutes. I will not use nutes for the next watering and see how that works.

Does Pro Mix with Myco and the Blossom Bloom provide enough food? Also, could the small pots be causing root problems?

Thanks!!

4. Yea for sure. Small pots can stunt growth, when are you going to transplant?

5. As soon as my HTG order gets here. Hopefully by next Monday. It has not shipped yet.

6. I would post some pics as well, alot of minds are better than one! Pics will help and get some input.

7. I will have to wait until tomorrow because the lights are off for the night. Do you guys use a regular camera to post pics? It makes me a little nervous to use my cell phone. :)

8. I wouldnt worry about it too much, most plants tend to not use long distance numbers. Just make sure to keep an eye on who they are calling?

9. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!!

Ditch the nasty ass water soluble chemical fertilizers after this grow finishes up. You will never ever do well gardening like this. Pro Mix is a mix of sphagnum peat and a little bit of perlite - that's it; no nutrition whatsoever. None. At all. You are counting on cheap garbage fertilizer to feed your plant and its simply not cutting it.

Lucky you've stumbled into a good place where you actually could learn to garden if you wanted to make the effort - without relying on bottled fertilizer. Might I suggest reading, re-reading and then putting the knowledge you gain from these pages in this thread to good use -

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

Again - you will never, ever get anywhere using te methods you are using now. IF you read the tread I linked you to and follow the basic directions I guarantee that your garden will change for the better and you'll be thanking te organic gardeners that are sure to help you out as you progress.

J

10. Thank you very much!!! I will read through it tonight!! :)

11. You're very welcome & I'm serious when I tell you that you've found a good/great place to learn how to garden - successfully. Read the threads here in the organics forum; ask many questions.

Most of us mix up our own soil here - which can be very simple (and yet still quite effective) or as complex as you like as you learn. By mixing our own soils we are able to add everything our plants need to really flourish from start to finish without the need to add any additional bottled fertilizers during the grow - just keep it moist with water; how simple is that?

Don't let mixing soil scare you off; it's ridiculously simple. Read the thread I linked to start with and start looking around more, asking questions and learning. There's a very good bunch of helpful gardeners here always more than ready to assist.

Welcome to the Organics Forum.

J

12. Thanks for the great information!!! I really like the idea of not using chemicals!! I read through the first part of the thread and will start trying to find supplies tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to put a good soil together with a budget not exceeding 150.00-200.00. I will post a pic tomorrow of the yellowing leaves.

13. Jerry really knows what he's talking about. He grows some beautiful plants with just adding water and occasional tea. There are some Nutes that come in the bottle the are organic such as Earth Juice. I currently use a combo of both but am slowly leaning on just water. I plan on giving it the real test this summer with my outdoor grow.

14. Thanks KI. Hope you had a nice Christmas!

Highflyinfun, shoot ma a PM please to discuss the soil before you go out and start spending money - lets get it right the first time.

Cya

J

15. Thanks for the info. Guys! No problem Jerry.

16. OK guys,

Here are a couple of pics of the yellowing leaves and of my overall current (2nd) grow. Sorry, the closeup of the leaf is a little blurry, but I think you can see what I am talking about. The veins are starting to yellow and then slowly the leaves will turn yellow and die. :(

Attached Files: