Yellowing towards top of plants: Pictures and heavy description included

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by haulinbass, Sep 9, 2013.

1. #1 haulinbass, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
    I was wondering if anyone could try and help me figure out whats going on. I have about 8 plants that are yellowing towards the top of the plants only. They started doing this about 8 days ago and have pretty much haulted growth. Five of the effected plants have been in flower for 8 days now and the other three are still in veg. All of the plants started doing this at the exact same time. I have two plants that haven't been effected and are growing rapidly, one is a diesel and one is a grand daddy purple. The Diesel is in veg and the GDP is in flower. All of the other remaining plants are Grand Daddy Purple.

In flower I am using a 1000 watt HPS with a Radiant hood, in Veg I am using a 600 watt MH at 75% with a Raptor hood. No nutrients have been added to any of the plants, absolutely nothing has been added.besides water. I use Miracle Grow Moisture Control and typically don't start adding nutes until week 3 of Flower. Never had this problem before with this system. I am using city water, my friend tested it in the past and its very good quality.

I have a knat infestation that I am currently working on trying to resolve, nothing has been sprayed or added to the soil. To this point I have only been using fly strips. That is currently the only infestation I am aware of. I also have a few  plants that are a week away from havest in the same flower room, which are unffected by whats going on with the smaller plants that I have been talking about.

PICTURES: The first picture is a Grand Daddy Purple 8 days into flower. The second picture is a Grand Daddy Purple 3 weeks into vegging. The third picture is a Diesel which is 3 weeks into vegging which is one of two plants that are uneffected by whatever is going on. The diesel has doubled in size compared to the other 3 plants in vegging that are yellowing.

I don't assume this is light bleaching because of the fact I have plants that started yellowing in flowering and in vegging that started at the exact same time. I am assuming either the knat infestation is bad enough that root damage has taken place or my PH is off and I have a deficency of some sort. I will be borrowing my buddies PH tester in a day or two but hoping you guys could help me in the mean time. I'm honestly about to chop the Diesel down for clones and start over.

Thanks guys

Attached Files:

2. Don't yell at your plants, talk to them nicely.  

hahahahhaa holy

4. #4 haulinbass, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2013
    How else am I suppose to train them?

5. I would guess some type of mosaic virus. All ur plants might have it
    Some might not. It sucks. Just keep ur women comfy. Then sanatize sanatize sanatize.

Sent from my LS670 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 Dro Smoe, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2013
    Not sure the knats would effect them like so, and I highly doubt it's tobacco mosaic - very controversial if cannabis is even able to catch mosaic.. I'd say to get the heck away from MG moisture control soil... Possibly root rot from the "moisture control" .. Stick with a more inert medium such as promix.. Then you won't have unknown synthetic ferts and excessive moisture in your soil from the get go = a recipe for disaster

7. Looks hungry

8. if their fungus gnats then by the time you see them flying around they may have already laid their eggs in the soil. Fly strips alone will not get rid of them. You can use like sand on top of your soil or use something like Azamax and do a soil drench for a week or two with it to get rid of them faster. Sometimes rapid growth can cause what looks like yellowing with new growth. I would transplant into some better soil fungus gnats like soil that doesn't dry out much between waterings and moisture control soil is designed to hold moisture in longer then normal soils with perlite. Always start by looking at the basics first, temps, humidity, temps at canopy level as well along with Ph run off reading.