Yellowing tips turning up

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by skunkybudluver, May 25, 2010.

1. #1 skunkybudluver, May 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
    I am getting yellow tips that seem to be pointing up. Some of the blades on the leaves are turning light yellow. First noticed it start on top but now notice it basically all over. With the top 1/4 being the worst. It's on old growth and new. I don't think it's my PH. Run off has been between 6.3 - 6.5. I was thinking it's a K deficiency. But I really don't know for sure. I have been watering with 1 tspn molasses every other watering. Feeding with GO Bio Thrive Bloom & Bio Bud. The chart says for heavy feeding plants they recommend doubling application rates, which I haven't done till last feeding 5/22/10. Here is the chart http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GO_MYSF-FeedChart.pdf

I was thinking that maube I wasn't giving enough by going by the recommended doses instead of doubling. Recommended is 10ml Bloom - 2.5ml Bio Bud. I doubled it last feeding - 20ml Bloom 5ml Bio Bud. So it's only been 3 days since then. Also I am in soil using FFOF.

I had a similar problem before but it went away. And the tips didn't point up last time if I remember correctly.

EDIT: I used some cal mag the last time this happened but I only used it once. I started using molasses thinking that it was a good if not better replacement for cal mag. The yellowing last time went away and I contributed it more so to the molasses than the cal mag. Maybe I was wrong and it was the cal mag that helped it better last time. I have been using 1 tbsp of molasses every other watering. Maybe I should use some cal mag instead of molasses on my next scheduled watering?

Any ideas anyone?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      161.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      208 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      228 KB
      Views:
  2. Hmmm.... this is just a guess because I don't know for sure, but I think this may be some early signs of a phosphorus def. Is the plant kinda dark green?

If it's a K def then your plant should be pretty tall, more than normal.

Hope this helps a little, I'm not really sure. Good luck!

3. Thanks for stopping in. Man, trying to diagnose these kind of problems is just plain old very difficult for me.

I wouldn't say it's taller than normal. It's about 3 ft tall. As far as it being dark green, I would say it looks normal. I mean I haven't noticed a color change or anything. I don't know if it's a lack of cal mag or not. Using the molasses, it has a lot of cal, mag, iron, and other minerals. I even thought that maybe I am using it too much or too often. Creating an overdose. I think or thought that 1 tbsp every other watering was fine. Maybe the sugar in the molasses is causing a lockout? I don't know if it can do that or not.

4. I thing mg gets locked at ph below 6,5. PH causes most nute problems, so give that a check.