Yellowing tips on the leaves of 1 of my plants

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by xcated, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Hi everyone, I am having a problem with one of my plants.. This is my first grow and I am 3 weeks into it :)))
    But unfortunately I've noticed the edge of the leaves are turning yellow and pointing down on one of my plants. (I'll attach a photo) if anyone knows?

Details:
    Strain: vanilla kush
    3 weeks old
    Total organic grow
    Bio biz all mix organic peat
    Bio biz - biogrow fertiliser (which I started this week) gave 3ml per 1 ltr only gave 1 ltr
    Lights 250hps and are about 12 inches from plants
    No soil ph take at any stage ( just presumed the peat and fert would be up to par)
    No too much watering I've only watered 3 times. But I did flush them last night thinking my prob might be over fert
    My other plant looks healthy with no probs
    Humidity has been steady at around 40
    Temp ranges between 18-32
    I have an oscalting fan (not facing the plants)

This plant has been thru a bit when yesterday my evil carbon filter decided to break free and had a cushy landing for itself :( but this problem started b4 hand
    Please help cas it's been thru so much now I don't want to see it fail

image-2828658056.jpg my problem plant :(((

image-2568969645.jpg my other plant

Thanks very much

2. Hey x,
    It's hard to tell from your pics what's going on because of the light. Next time try taking pics in your kitchen or bathroom (somewhere with normal, cfl type light). Is it the top leaves or the bottom leaves that are yellowing? How close is your hps? Those top leaves slightly curling in look like the light is too close.

Also, don't flush them. There is no way you can flush nutrients out of an organic soil, they aren't water soluble, and flushing just does more harm than good. How long has the problem been going on?

3. Hi InTheGarden, thank you for taking the time to reply.. i have the light (250hps) about 12 inches from the plants. this plant in particular is the smaller of the 2 and the other plant doesnt show any signs of this.. ill attach better pics. only the outer edge of the fan leaves seem to be yellowing, there is no yellowing or browning within the leaves. I noticed this first about 4 days ago.

Thanks again

Attached Files:

4. Is this only shoing on the newest growth, or the older growth as well? It appears, form the most recent pics, that its on newer growth.

Also, you noticed this 4 days ago. Has the problem gotten worse or has it pretty much stayed the same?

5. Hi x,
    This looks like a micronutrient deficiency to me. Specifically, magnesium and maybe Ca.
    Have you only fed once with the biogrow? If so, try another feeding of that. They may just be hungry. (the biogrow does have micronutrients doesn't it?). A couple spoonfuls of kelp meal applied to the top of your soil will also take care of any current and future micronutrient issues. (all organic growers should use kelp meal, imo. It's really the one mission-critical amendment in my grow)

If it doesn't improve after another feeding, try a mild foliar feed with Epsom salts-1 tsp per gallon of water applied as a foliar spray. hth

Peace and happy gardening
    ITG